The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Injector insulators that don't go bad?

Dan D

I have FIC/Delphi injectors and the damn insulators dry up, shrink, and leak. There's not that many miles on them and #4 is leaking like a seive during a boost leak test. Does anyone make insulators for those injectors that don't crap out after 20k miles?

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Are you talking about the top or bottom seals? I know FIC sells VITON lower seals that last fairly long. I don't think they have upper VITON seals. But since they are so cheap and easy to install I don't see a problem with changing them every 10k or 15k miles.

Put a bit of oil on them before the install. I installed them about a year ago and just took them off to check and were mint.

Dan D

The lowers seals on the head side, not the oring on the rail side.

Too bad no one makes fluorosilicon seals.

Last edited:

Rausch

Viton seals should do you well...They can handle the heat, as the material is designed for higher temp applications.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned