The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

I think I found another way to minimize 'phantom' knock

steve

Quote:
What can you do for the dreaded "Phantom Knock"?
The guys on the DSM-ECU Group have come up with a relatively safe way to deal with "true" phantom knock. We tell the ECU to just ignore all knock when you are NOT under boost! I have many satisfied customers who formerly had horrible PK issues. Just mention it in the "Comments" box if you need it.

From Jeff's site.

funny i think my lifters are getting cleaned. because after almost 100 miles on the mobile 1 my phantom knock is almost gone. im telling you mobil 1 does work to clean the lifters out. and no more crazy sounds from them when i start my car in the morning.

hector

Should I change my oil when I put my new lifters in.
go with Mobile 1 or other oil???

Thanks,
Armando

if you havent got the lifters yet try the mobil 1 first. i use the redtop ones(15/40) i think. try that for a a few miles and see if it does anything for you. this is the 2nd time that mobil 1 one has worked for me. and im sure others use it also.

hector

Quote:
Quote:
what is the mitsu part no. for these little o-rings?

The top little O-ring is MD614813. The grommet that seals to the head is MD087060.

Can we add these to the "How-to" section or just add the whole thread?

I can vouch for Mobil 1 (15w40), also. Cured my tapping lifters a treat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif......

Quote:
Quote:

The top little O-ring is MD614813. The grommet that seals to the head is MD087060.

is this common for all injector sizes? mines 450.... blue ones

mistaVR4

yes there all the same size.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

is this common for all injector sizes? mines 450.... blue ones

As long as the injectors are compatible with the 1G DSM, then yes, use the same ones.

twkd

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned