The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

How to read ABS Codes

I don't think most people realise you can actually read ABS fault codes on our cars. Well you can, just not via the ECU (i.e. via a logger). I collected most of the following information and links from searches on here (mainly Keydiver /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif), but it was dispersed and not clear. Hopefully this will help anyone else who's trying to track down an elusive ABS fault.

All you need is a simple voltmeter (preferably analog). First go for a short drive so the car has gone over 4mph; this allows the ABS system to complete all of it's own tests and startup diagnostics. Leave the car running whilst you read the codes. Then ground pin 1 on the diagnostic plug with the negative lead, and apply the positive lead to pin 4.

Now, read the codes according the same method used on this webpage.

Lastly, correlate any codes you get with those listed in this document: ABS Codes (you'll need Acrobat Reader).

EgonOlsen

Ahh I see im not the only 1 looking for the codes? anyone have them lying around? I can upload if need. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts