The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

how to fit 8" rims on your galant without sticking out

kartorium

I love reading this thread and coming up on the "get bent asshole"

Makes me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif evertime.

good to hear your arms are still good cause I did the same thing to mine.

1qkfwd

It's funny how people are so scared to modify there car to make any upgrade work. And people think it's safe to cut up a bumper support to fit a big ass intercooler. Anyways I like the idea, one thing I would have added to that was to add another insert cross ways to make an H pattern. That would probably rid of any side to side movement of the arm. It just looks like you boxed in the arm.

About the spacers, first when you add an aftermarket set of rims to your car you are going lugcentric instead of hubcentric. So no difference except the load being put on a different part of the stud. The fix for that is get a spacer that matchs the diameter hub and stud. Then you have to worry about the movement of the wheel and spacer, simple fix here just screw the spacer to the rotor. On my old fwd I ran weld racing wheels 15X9 with a 4" backspace. I took my 1/8" spacers and drilled them, then I put a tapered screw through the hole so it was flush on the spacer. Running a 26X8.5 slick I never had any issues with my lugs working lose. Maybe I wasn't makin enough power. I guess it's all in checkin your stuff before you drive the car.

turbowop

Quote:
And people think it's safe to cut up a bumper support to fit a big ass intercooler.

Considering that the JDM bumpers have hardly anything for support other than to retain the shape of the urethane bumper cover itself, I think reducing the ridiculous 5mph crash support on the USDM bumpers to be quite alright. They don't add to the safety in any serious head-on collision.

HHIVR4

The crash bar is there to distribute the load so the car isnt totalled in a low speed collision.I personally like to run the crash bar (mines notched for the ic) incase someone hits me in the parking lot or gas station.Then it's not killing the rad,a/c,intercooler etc and you can still drive it home.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned