The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

"Home Made" Big Brake Kit

cheekychimp

The GSX tails and spoiler free trunk really work. Looks nice John.

Also, although I know there is a lot of emphasis placed on lightweight wheels and the fact that pound for pound weight reductions in unsprung weight are far more important than pounds stripped off the chassis but I still don't think that heavier wheels are the end of the world.

My Compomotive wheels are listed as competition and motorsport wheels as well as road wheels and I think they weigh more than yours. I'm more concerned about strength to be honest especially with the roads around here.

Paul

JNR

Wow, that's cool! I have 5-lug powerslot rotors all around right now, but I am definitely gonna consider this as a replacement for that!

I didn't read thru the whole thread, but did you have to do anything to the master cylinder, to compensate for the larger calipers, to get more fluid there (usually done with a larger rod), although it may not be an issue?

Now all you need to do is convert the vacuum system to a hydraulic system (runs from power steering pump) with a Hydro-boost setup. That'll put you thru the windshied /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif (I am converting my Chevelle to this setup ('course, I don't just buy things, but sourcing this stuff myself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif) and have the 'pump' that replaces the vacuum booster and the main reason I am going to that is my vacuum is low (10-12") from the cam...Still, I've read alot of good things on that and surprised it's not more well-known)

Regardless, congrats on the upgrade...Looks good!

atc250r

Staff member
No changes to the master cylinder are needed since the piston sizes are almost identical to those of the stock ones.

I like the tail light/wingless combo a lot with these wheels.

John

Quote:
No changes to the master cylinder are needed since the piston sizes are almost identical to those of the stock ones.

I like the tail light/wingless combo a lot with these wheels.

John

Nice job John. I think an m5 style lip wing would look hot.

boostx

here is some of the difference i found out between the heavy duty ones and the regular ones these one are from the C4 vette , they look different from John's but i am sure they are the same..

^^^^^^Those are actually Corvette C3 calipers not the C4's that John has. Those calipers in the picture also come on the SN95 Cobras and are cast iron. The basic Baer kit comes with the same caliper pictured above.

Daryl

boostx

thanks for the corrections i always get them mix up all of those in the picture are cast aluminum

atc250r

Staff member
The calipers that I am using came off of a 1998 Firebird. They have slightly larger pistons than the Corvette ones and are much easier to find at a junkyard.

John

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned