The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

High Idle

Okayplayer

Sorry for adding another thread on idle problems, but the search function doesn't work at my job. I recently have done a lot of work to my motor, including rebuilding the bottom end because of a spun bearing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif . Now I have it back together and it is running well all except for the idle. It starts at about 900 rpm and by the time it gets to operating temp it jumps to around 1500. If I continue driving it, it goes clear up to 2500 and sometimes higher. I changed the isc a couple months ago and I just change the coolant temp sensor. I did a boost leak check on it and that is good... so what am I missing here? any ideas? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Okayplayer

I was starting to think along those lines as well. But would it idle that high? I am going to look into blocking that. Would it suffice to do the valve turn like in the how to section? Or should I completely remove it?

James

You can try to turn the big black screw in there. It wouldn't work for me, it was to brittle and broke apart.

unistylef

I had that issue. I had to test resist on the 6 pins for about 30+ ohms on the isc. Currently, I have the isc motor inside with power disconnected and the motor on the "in" position. Then I just adjusted my idle screw to allow more air.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned