The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Help With MAF Sensor Part #

Hello members,

I own a Galant VR4(Engine Swap) Japs Spec with all stock /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif engine parts. I'm thinking of upgrading the OEM MAF sensor to an EVO III MAF (# E5T06071 609)after reading thoughout this forum that it will fit using the 1g-->2g adapter(iceman69510).

I found few through ebay and Yahoo J Auction with the same part # but anyhow there's a slight different on a 4 digit number on the part.

1 - 609 E5T06071 "4615 A"

2 - 609 E5T06071 "6910 F"

Both have same # part but different "4615 A" "6910 F". Will this either MAF fits on my Galant VR4 J-Spec? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif or is there any specific one that can fit.

Any help will be much appreciated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif. Thank you.

Probably just date codes. Ignore them. The other numbers are the important part.

Thanks keydiver for your help.... so this will sure fit into Galant VR4 right?

It should be fine with the right intake, and the pigtail. You might want to step up your injectors too.

As Dboosman said, the #609 MAS has a larger oval outlet, not like the GVR-4 3 1/8" round outlet, so you need a different intake or an adapter to make it fit. Some guys hack up the stock tube that comes on those cars with the #609 MAS. The adapter that Iceman sells will allow it to plug right into your GVR-4 harness.
How are you going to compensate for the 30% lower Hz signal from the #609 MAS?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Those are date codes. The "E5T..." number is the Mitsubishi Electric part number, so they are all the same.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned