The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

HELP! Car Misfiring FIXED!

powerplay

Great news John! Don't forget to put the clip back on so it doesn't wiggle loose again.

atc250r

Staff member
Yeah, all clips are on. It was fully seated but the connection was just bad. So far so good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

John

steve

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif Awesome John, knew you'd get to the bottom of it.
thumbs.gif

Glad it was fixed

Try new injector plugs with the clips built in.Much easier than dealing with those silly flying clips

atc250r

Staff member
Quote:
So those clips actually serve a purpose? Damn.

I'm not so sure it was the clips as much as the connector being old and worn. I put the clip back on since I found it as a precaution but I don't know if it's that important. I may do what you suggest, Doug. Any recommendations on where to get them?

John

I got mine at Machv.Its cheaper than ^ but you have to assemble/crimp them yourself and then solder/heatshrink to stock wiring.

Hi there,

I only just bought one and not really up to date on these engines but I do have a friend who runs a performance car shop. He once had a porchce that did the same thing and after numerous builds and re-wires- it turned out to be interference from the ht leads. He bought some new heavily screened ones and hey presto!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned