The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Hello from lexington ky

Hey all im new to the board as you can see, have had the vr4 for a while just been sittin on the back burner while ive been shuffling around other cars..well the time has come im gonna have to use this car for dd status for awhile prob a long while. It had a terribly grinding trans and have taken care of that but I still have the original transfer case which has quite a few miles on it, the splines on the coupler (23 spline) for the trans are worn pretty bad. Ive seen some ebay kits to rebuild the transfer case (would like to just buy another t-case but 23 spline is hard to find and pretty darn expensive when you do) but im sure they dont have that coupler, is that a dealer part only? If so would anyone have the number handy? All the dealerships here wanna just rape you for parts here, I always have better luck online.
Also plan to do shock/struts/springs prob gonna go back to stock seeing as how im not gonna beat on the car. At the moment it has got some set of eclipse 1G gsx rear/galant front cut/ spring setup it sits unlevel rides like crap and bottoms out on the 17's i have all the time, and like i said im not hard on the car, other than the ocassional backroad jaunt, the hardest i run it is in a straight line when merging into traffic.
Anyway enough rambling for now, any help on the t-case issue would be greatly appreciated, Im sure ill be in touch as I learn more about this car
Thanks for you time
Clark

Diego

I've got a 23 and 22 spline x-cases and a 23 spline tranny sitting in my garage... let's piece this thing back together /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

Edit: watch the run-on sentences somone will ding ya for it...

Last edited:

AnotherNewb

Welcome to the poor grammar will get you reamed forum?! Communication is always the first step to misunderstanding. GL with your build, keep us posted. What other cars have you been building? Is this your first Mitsubishi? These are MMC cars, not DSM's, just a heads up, something else they like to rip on newbies for.

The search function SUCKS, but with practice you will figure it out. Put +'s in front of words you are searching for, and -'s in front of stuff you don't want to come up. "-re:" will save you a lot of time in your searches. Don't forget to read the stickies at the top of the forums, especially the one about your ECU capacitors, even if your car runs fine.

Welcome again, glad to have you here. You won't find a better group of people to help.

Sounds good man just pm on what ideas you have and we will go from there

Well I never claimed to be an english major. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanks for the info, it is much appreciated. Im also working on a couple of Mark III turbo supras, E36 M3 and 318 Convertible. lot of stuff on my plate. One thing at a time though. I prob have enough to keep me busy untill im tired of cars! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned