The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GVR4s; they're everywhere!

4thStroke

Today was kinda strange. On my way to dinner and I saw a green GVR4, the family was like, "I thought they are tough to find."

"They are."

That one was Lucas English's old car, I believe, 004tsi, I think that was you on 4th Plain I saw early this evening.

Then, I went down to check out the Oregon Trail Rally, lo and behold, 2 more GVR4s. One was Mark's 503. The other was a member here from Oregon. I parked next to him and as he approached me, he made it clear he though someone was stealing his car! It was a pretty funny.

As we're leaving, another GVR4 was chillin in the lot.

I saw 4 other GVR4s today (besides mine). They are all over the place out here it seems. 3000 of them in the states and I run into 4 others within just a few hours? None of us were even traveling together.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

Last edited:

turbowop

Four gvr4's may seem like a lot but how many Subarus did you see? Subaru sackriders are thick at rally events something fierce. Rally events lately are attracting a strange crowd too, IMO. Lot of emo douchebags that obviously don't know how to work on their own cars, ftl.

I had a similar happen when I lived in north Carolina. I was driving past my own apt building and low and behold there was one pulling out.

gtluke

lol mark. not only do they not work on their own cars, they all follow the same exact mod path. "omg did you get your red horns in your grille yet?"

G

Staff member
Lol ^^ so true.

fivestardsm

There are 10 with in a 20 mile radius of me. I have my 4, My buddy Kevin just picked up another so that makes 3 for him, and then there is a white one, a Belize green one, and then a silver one (used to be b-green).

Out of all of them, Kevins and mine were all picked up at least 2 states away. One from Texas, Kentucky, Illinois, New york, Arkansas, and 2 from Missouri. And Brians silver one was hauled from Georgia.

Between all of us, We have spent more money in fuel to get the cars, then they are worth.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:

Quoting gtluke:
lol mark. not only do they not work on their own cars, they all follow the same exact mod path. "omg did you get your red horns in your grille yet?"

+Juan.

cspetros

I wish I saw VR4's on a daily basis. Here in Asheville, I know of only 3, and I've only seen one of those in person. I rarely even see 6g non-turbo Galants (I know of 5 locally); when I do, I get all excited until I see the front bumper cover or lack of a spoiler /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif. Then the excitement goes down by 1/2.

Last edited:

I think theres 4 or 5 around my town (including 4thstroke's) I see from time to time.

4thStroke

Yeah Nick, there are a few of us green ones rolling around, I know of four other white ones besides yours rolling around (assuming thedsmguy's is on the road by now). One appears to be bone stock with a middle aged lady driving it. Pretty clean, too. I wonder if she knows what she has. What color is Travis'? Does he do much daily driving with it?

As far as the Subarus, I think they're pretty cool cars overall, I just hate how all of them have almost the same exact setups. They're always talking about how the Subie community is friendly and whatnot, but as soon as you creep a few over the speed limit or pass someone, theyll flame your ass, but not until its behind a keyboard. Ive found the Mitsu following to be way more laid back and accomodating than the Subie guys.

Last edited:

Travis' is Belize. But he doesnt drive it that much. He's got like 10 other cars he switches around. I've only known of two other white ones around. One i saw back in Sept. and the other was Trevor Reed's and i think it got sold outta state. I guess that makes close to 10 around here.

pachood_1953

Theres an old guy with a white one that lives in a trailer park here.

Its completely stock, and Im sure he doesnt know what it is (as if it were some uber 1337 car..)

I have had intentions of asking him to sell it, but I dont need another.

fivestardsm

Can you get pics and what # it is? Possibly invite him to the boards so he can enter the registry?

pachood_1953

Me?

Im not the kind of guy to show up at somebodies trailer home asking about their car.

I chased him in my equinox one day when I saw him for the first time. I couldnt quite get up close enough to him.

My girlfriend delivers perscriptions, and delivers in his trailer park. Ill give her the heads up if she ever sees him outside.

At one time I saw 4 at Conrad's house. 1 in the garage, 2 in the back yard and 1 in the drive way....now I own one of the ones that was in his back yard...lol

004tsi

i don't think i was on 4th plain today /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif but maybe i was lol We'll have to have a get together sometime, i missed hrr, had to drive to wenatchee for my sisters wedding

4thStroke

It was friday, early evening, Orchards, I think it was you. Had the English Racing decal on the back window, looked wingless, too. Otherwise, chalk up another GVR4 in the area.

raptorWagon

Quoting cspetros:
I wish I saw VR4's on a daily basis. Here in Asheville, I know of only 3, and I've only seen one of those in person. I rarely even see 6g non-turbo Galants (I know of 5 locally); when I do, I get all excited until I see the front bumper cover or lack of a spoiler /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif. Then the excitement goes down by 1/2.

You might see me around the end of the month as I'll be down that way for a meet.
I know of 4 other GVR4 owners in the area, Turboren with his 3, Blitzgvr4 with his 92' belize green which I think is still JSB'n, and 91gsr's new project, and a local guy that has nile black one. None of these I've seen randomly out and about, only seen maybe one or two NT 6th gens, and one GGSX-the guy knows nothing about the car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif . The only time I'll see a couple of these GVR4s is at a meet. However, I noticed pick n' pull out here has acquired yet another 89' LS.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned