The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GVR4 on BAT

G

Staff member
Typical dsm'ers would never pay that much for it. I think it was worth more. Typical dsm'ers can't seem to recognize clean. Someone got a good deal. So who bought it?

ShaggyTE

I think that' a fair price. Would have been sad if it just stayed in the 3's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

abikepeddler

Actually, I did. Or should I say "we" did. My son and I bought this car from McG and are delighted we did. It was very clean and well cared for and the drive home to San Diego was such a blast as we stopped at Laguna Seca for the BMW Club event as well as took in a Seahawks, Mariners and SF Giants games in route. This car is tight and has surprisingly few issues that need any kind of immediate attention. AC works, PS is quiet and feels tight on center, no odd noises and the car just goes like hell when you cane it. My son was excited to master the manual transmission and we practice everyday. He is getting quite good with a clutch/transmission that was never the best even when brand new (We owned #1337 brand new in 1991 so I know how these cars were the day they were born.). It is no Miata or S2000 tranny. But that is part of it's charm I suppose. The quirks so to speak. Like the turning radius which is about the same as a local transit bus or the incredibly low beltline and amazing views out of the expansive glass that surrounds. It really is an occasion everytime you get in a VR-4 and are assaulted by those automatic seatbelts. Just plain fun and I am so grateful to McG for allowing another VR-4 nut to take the responsibility. I just happened to have a a set of headlights, front turn signal lenses and a grill, all new in the box, left over from my ownership of #1337 that my son and I ended up installing on #1607 the other day really brightening up her face. (Kinda shocking what a change it made.) Next we'll order some floormats from this forum and focus in on some needed items such as new speakers (the originals are blown) and probably maintenance items such as timing belt etc... Great car, super stoked to get it and you'd be hard pressed to find more car for less money. Thanks McG!
IMG_20160828_134416172-min_1.jpg

Last edited:

ApexHunter

Glad to see you on here, welcome! Nice picture! I was just up there 8/16-21. Last time i saw that sign, the Mazda MZ-2.0T Protoype was sitting under it. I think i like the GVR4 even more there, haha.

I'm thrilled that the car went to a good home and that it turned out to be just as solid as it seemed. Really cool that you bought one new back in the day, but even cooler that you still have those BNIB lamps, grille, etc /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

KiNgMaRtY

Welcome. It is good to see another GVR-4 in California and it looks like you found a good one.

GSTwithPSI

Just read through that. Sounds like it was an awesome father son adventure! If I ever sell any of my turds, those are the kind of owners I want them to go to.

I hope to see future updates on the car.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned