The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GVR4 newb!! 175/2000

Good afternoon everyone,

Just wanted to stop by and let everyone know I am here.
I have been in the DSM game since 99, and have recently jumped into the GVR4 world with both feet with my recent purchase of 175/2000 in Summit White!

Right now its kinda a basket case, engine is out, dash is out, harness is in a rubbermade tote..lol

The goal it to get in the same shape as my Laser, which I just finished a year long resto/build.

I have but one pic right now, there will be many more to follow and I am sure lots of GVR4 specific questions as I know nothing of this car other then its 4G heart.

Glad to be here, and let the games begin!!

~Daniel

0912001843a.jpg

SouthCaliVR4

welcome to the site, some bad ass wheels on that puppy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif You're gonna love the Gvr4 & whit is the fastest color. tons of info on this site, just don't call it a DSM.

Whoodoo

Welcome. I definitely have workspace envy. I hope this community will benefit from your experience with DSMs.

In all honesty, that is not my garage.
I have too much going on at my house with the daily, the wifes Jeep , the Laser and my 90 AWD that my 2 car would not handle another project.
It is my cousins garage *the guy in the pic*, and he just built his house/moved in a month ago.

My garage looks like this...

JaxBeen-n-WingsIII068.jpg

GaragePics179.jpg

GaragePics180.jpg

raptorWagon

Welcome Dan, glad to see you made it on over here. This place is full of knowledge.

Thanks Tim,

Looking forward to getting down with the GVR4 group.
I always wanted to check it out, but lacked the car.
In fact I told the wife I had to get this car so I could have another forum to come visit!

Nice! ^^. And she bought it?
Welcome to the org. Home of the sophisticated knowledge. The info this site produces is mind boggling. Good luck with your build. +1 to summit white being the fastest and sexiest color produced. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

bmxkid415

Dan, I'm glad you saved it.

Summit White are the best!

Quoting MadBeachDSM:
Welcome Dan! Glad to see she is in good hands still.

Oh, BTW, it is 145/2000. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Heck yeh man, its in great hands.

We are gonna do what I did to the Laser.
We have started the "planing" stage, we are gonna pull the rest of the 5lug stuff from the Talon this weekend and see how it goes from there. I am planing on a full wire tuck and the rest of the build is still G14... other then to say we found 6 E85 stations in north Fl.......
I only glanced at the dash so sorry about the incorrect number.

It's been a looooong friggin time since an update, so here it goes.

The car sat for over a year without getting touched one bit.
Lots,lots of personal issues that prevented me from working on teh car.
BUt here we are, so let me get on with the pics!!

Working on the 5lug/4bolt swap,
DansiPhonejune2012754.jpg

DansiPhonejune2012753.jpg

My doner car, a 6/4 Laser that was beyond repair...sadly enough..
DansiPhonejune2012732.jpg

Working on cleaning up the engine bay;
10170011242.jpg

Oct2010057.jpg

Oct2010058.jpg

Painted "wrinkle black"
1017001322.jpg

10170013232.jpg

Engine built, and set in for mock up,
DansiPhonejune2012692.jpg

Still jack stand ballin'
DansiPhonejune2012698.jpg

Subframe painted and getting put back together;
danielsiphoneallpicsoct2012575.jpg

What do we have here??????
danielsiphoneallpicsoct2012580.jpg

danielsiphoneallpicsoct2012581.jpg

photo11.jpg

So , basically where we are right now is;
Engine is built (though I still have to get cams/upgraded valve train installed), suspension put together *for now*, all subframe bushings replaced, drive shaft has all new u-joints and has been balanced, brakes installed, some fresh FIC 850's *we will be going DSM Link

Next weekend we are going through the harness and cleaning it up and mocking it for the tuck.
A/C parts are ordered, FP manifold and HTA 68 are on the shelf ready to go in.
We still need to get an intercooler and piping, we are on the hunt for coil overs as the Evo X wheels need more clearance then the stock suspension can provide *even with smaller tires that will be installed.
We need to assemble the remaining interior and sort out all the sensors/engine misc parts.
We have started the body work and have a gallon of Wicked White paint (same as I laid out on the Laser.
We are shooting for 6-8 months to hit the road.
We are seriously thinking of a 35R in the near future...

I am sure I am forgetting something, I will snap some more pics and update more often now that I am back in the swing of things /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

DR1665

Respect for the dedication. Ebo wheels look sharp. Keep us posted. Press on.

Thanks everyone, will keep y'all posted /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

As far as the pedal car, that was something I picked up from a consignment shop and refurbed for my sons 5th birthday two weeks ago.
Needless to say he digs it!!

Two quick pics, she most assuredly needs coil overs and smaller tires.
But its getting closer............. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

photo12.jpg

photo13.jpg

Also spent most Sat working on the wiring (lengthening/mocking up and id'ing all the missing connections and terminals)
Going to start looking for a GVR4 dealer service manual so I can make 110% sure I get the wiring correct)

Its a rats nest right now, but its getting there.

That's all I got for now.

Daniel

GVR41380

looking good man ! keep up the work on the vr-4!!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned