The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GVR-4 vs. EVO VIII

I know about half of the people on this board are younger people. I myself am 20 and I got the car when I was 17. And for the money and adding 5K into it and to be abel to run with a 35k car I dont mind running a 12 year old car. I can barely afford my rent and college payment ($200 a month) I am gonna be just able to afford the mods I wanna do. I cant imagine what I would have to do to afford that. Plus I like to be an orginal.... I got yellow shoes and yellow hair, so why not have a older car that is very rare and be a member of a great group, and not some kid or some one that had the car bought for them. Oh and BTW.... a 93.5 Supra is like what 20K... at 15K in mods and kill an EVO!! They are nice but to expensive for me!

markrieb

Well, I do remember what the GVR-4 felt like when they are new. I'm one of the few that bought mine new off of the showroom floor in November of '91.

I agree the EVO *has* to be better. The chassis is much stiffer and the suspension geometry is greatly revised. In the racing world, power is realatively easy to make, chassis and suspension stuff on the other hand is hard/expensive to improve.

Like I said before, I put the table together to try and help me decide on whether to keep on trying to develop my GVR-4 or to buy an EVO and start all over again. Best of both worlds would be to keep the GVR-4 and buy and EVO, but I'm not sure the wife or my checkbook could live with both...

Mark

quote:In the racing world, power is realatively easy to make Unless you own a HUN-DUH!

thanks for the info...learned something today.
cool.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned