The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Guess this BOV.....

prestonztt

I've had this for awhile and I misplaced it for some time. Well I finally found it in a box in my closet.

I know it's old school, and it's Apexi, but that's about it. It reminds me of a Greddy Type R.

680026d6.jpg

GSX_TC

Hmmm I wonder if it sounds like a type r

GSX_TC

Why, what's happening Friday? Your gonna put it on your car?

GSX_TC

Oh wow, can I watch?

Quoting prestonztt:
Fully built motor, 1600cc Injectors, 70mm Turbo, E-85; Getting broke on the dyno /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Fixed...

GSX_TC

I bet your pretty excited, I know I'd be.

Ive seen one of those on an older APEXi full turbo kit for an FD rx7 its made to recirc.

prestonztt

So I called Apexi today.....

Its there single chamber racing BOV. It's been discontinued since 2002. Retail on it was $565. The tech I was talking to said that they really didn't sell to many of them cause of the price and it being 9 years ago. He said it's a pretty rare piece and asked if I wanted to sell it.

So that added some good news for the day.

strange enuff in the new super street there is an sr20det setup with this valve on it.

mistaVR4

Definitely use it, or, put it up on EBAY with that info you have and you could make yourself a nice few $$$$ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

curtis

If it doesn't hold super good and if its really worth silly money, I'd tear it apart bead blast the cast pieces and the adjustment screw and shine up the billet top and ebay that dude and buy a synchronic and have money left over for some better pain killers besides those in the picture that doesn't have a #3 in front of the tylenol. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:

prestonztt

It should, the spring I stiff as hell. I'm kinda scared to take it apart. I'm afraid if I do, the gasket might rip and never find one ever again. Hey, those little ibuprofen do good, if you take like 4+. Lol.

GSX_TC

That's pretty cool, I'd just keep it for a while man, till it REALLY becomes rare. Then you can think about selling it. So how'd the dyno go?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned