The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Guess this bolt (Round #3)

mitsuturbo

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif I'm stumped.

I'm guessing it goes to a front seat hinge or is part of a seat belt assembly.

pot

Staff member
Quoting transparentdsm:
i was possibly thinking subframe bolt, but the cruise box also makes sense.

I'm pretty sure now that this particular bolt belongs to the cruise box. I'm going to dig through members rides and other images to see if I can figure out where it goes. It would be easier if I still had cruise on 182.

Fish

It's not anything to do with cruise control, I just went and looked at mine. Is it an air conditioning tensioner pulley stud?

kumfasa

^Bingo, AC tensioner center bolt. It goes through the pulley bearing, bracket and has a nut with a flat and spring washer on top.

pot

Staff member
Thanks for the feedback and participation gents. It would have taken me some time to figure this out on my own. I have quite the pile of uncommon bolts I'm trying to organize in my bolt tray and everyone's feedback is really helpful in getting my hardware organized.

Next on the list is this guy. Something tells me it belongs on the bottom end of the block:

Olson

Quote:
Oil sprayer bolt.

transparentdsm

Quoting pot:
Thanks again gents. Here is another one. I was thinking this may be related to the cruise box but again I'm stumped:

could go a couple of places, the sleeve is so it can go through a rubber grommet or bushing so whatever it is holding down can move around during vibration.

for exaple the wiper motor has those.

Last edited:

CutlassJim

Looks like something for the interior due to lack of rust. Can't place it though. Is the Hvac box mounted like that?

fuel

That bolt head looks like a Toyota bolt

pot

Staff member
I'm inclined to say tranny may be right however when I removed 2 of the 4 wiper motor bolts, my bolt (pictured) was too short. Maybe they aren't all the same length or maybe this bolt belongs to a 1g /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

transparentdsm

thats why i was saying a couple of places. i know there are a few bolts in these cars that look like that. interior and under hood.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned