The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Greetings! New Owner of #29!

92_talon_awd

Thanks, I'm trying. Some old lady hit me while I was at the post office today! Apparently she just threw her VW in reverse and stomped it. Luckily it only scuffed my bumper, did crease hers though. Some 3m swirl remover and a microfiber cloth made it look better than before it got hit lol. I really need to buff the whole car to bring out the shine.

Tried to replace the radiator and hoses today but the radiator advanced got me didn't fit the stock fans and the hoses oreillys got me were for a talon. So basically the galant got a coolant flush. Guess I'll be getting hoses from a dealer and trying to get new end caps put on my radiator at a shop. My core is pristine, its just the yellowing plastic that worries me.

Last edited:

G

Staff member
That looks like the OG radiator, if it is. It's far from pristine on the inside.

92_talon_awd

I'm sure it isn't pristine on the inside /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif I meant the core looks really good. If I can get a shop to put new tanks on it of course I'll get it completely cleaned out and looking new.

G

Staff member
You're thinking too much in the past. For newer cars it's better to just buy a new one for $100.00. The original denso radiator is perishable, when it goes bad it's meant to be thrown out and replaced. Not re-manned. You want to get a real good flush of your entire cooling system anyway to prevent headaches in the future.

Last edited:

92_talon_awd

Yeah, I'm just trying to stay away from the dealers $600 radiator and a big aluminum one I don't need. Guess I'll just keep ordering from the other parts stores one by one until I find one that's the right size lol. The one Advanced Auto has in their system is definitely not the right one.

coyotes

I feel like I got the last koyo OEM replacement because I can't find them anywhere now.

you might have to figure out some custom mounting option for your fans.

G

Staff member
You want a koyo c0233. Call koyo and ask who has it in stock.

G

Staff member
Here are 2.

click

click

Get em' before they are gone!

92_talon_awd

Thanks for the link

92_talon_awd

Got the car buffed and it really shined up right, I'm gonna wax it the next good day for it and I'll post some pics up.

Last edited:

the_underdog

Turned out great! I can't wait to see it in person!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned