The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Greetings from Atlanta

lowcashleblanc

Just wanted to drop in and say hey while I have some down time! My name is Logan and Im a Tattooer out of Atlanta. Im 24, blah blah blah, enough about me. On to why im here. I recently took ownership of a 1991 Galant VR4 #1027/2000 this past Sunday (March 17th). She is rough around the edges along with a shot transmission. Taking ownership of this car has been in the works for the past few months. I was expecting to have to push her in the drive way, but when she showed up at the house, she cranked right up and under its own power made it into the drive way. When the deal originally was struck, I was under the impression that she could start up but needed work. The P.O. went out of his way to get her cranking and idling for me. Right after I got it in its temporary resting place I had to get ready to leave town. So regretfully, no pictures for now. I will be back in town this weekend and will get photos to start a build thread to document her progress.

For build goals, this is not going to be a crazy all out build. I want to go over her with a fine tooth comb and replace/fix every thing I can. I want to get it to as close to stock as possible and lightly mod it.

Plan:

-replace/have existing trans rebuilt.
-take care of all maintenance. i.e. timing belt, water pump, head gasket, rear main and so on.
-fix horrible modified intercooler system, take out the ApexiNeo back to running of stock ecu and injectors.
-fix the ac, a previous previous owen decided to take out the AC pump.
-fix the slamage, Its pretty low and I dont want it quite that low.
-paint, but thats a ways off.

The list goes on and on. Im excited to own her and cant wait to get her back on the road where she belongs. By the way this is my First DSM so I will probably lurk for a while while I read up on the vast amounts of info on here.

Last edited:

raptorWagon

So what color was it originally? If I recall this is that dark grey car from craigslist.

By the way, GVR4s are not DSMs just so you know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Last edited by a moderator:

jnava

Staff member
Nice start, NOT A DSM...lol. Sounds like you have a plan of attack. There is plenty of information available in our How-To section and of course from us as well. Feel free to ask dumb questions as we well. As you might not know, there are some geniuses, engineers, and famous folks that reside on the org that will gladly give you info for your benefit. Just try to be tolerant of constructive criticism.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Welcome. If you didn't have "low cash" before, you will now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

lowcashleblanc

For some reason, I'm not alowed to post from my laptop so I'm on my phone. I have zero privlages when on a computer. I can't even log/log in. But anywho, the GVR4 I picked up is the one from Craigslist. I traded the guy a GT2860rs with a Tial v band housing, 6 speed transmission and radiator from my last project. (1994 R package Miata)

Pardon my mistake on the DSM. This is my first Mitsubishi product so it is unfamiliar territory for me.

As far as the lowcash goes. I acquired that name from my apprenticeship. Was always broker because I had to work for free. Well, not free. My pay was knowledge and training for my career.

lowcashleblanc

Thank you for the welcome! My current budget for the car atm/starting next month is 2k. Should be adequate enough as long as I spend it wisely.

desant78

^nice recovery on the vr4 is not a dsm topic, most people just whine and get defensive.

Anyway welcome friend! The search is kinda awkward on this site, but if you take the time to learn how to use it, it does work. When Im lazy I just use google because there isn't many gvr4 websites out there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

also check out vfaq.net. geared toward dsm's, a lot of the info is identical (since DSM's use the vr4 drivetrain). check there first, because more often than not I see questions posted in the newb section and a typical reply is "check out vfaq.net." For instance, anything regarding timing belt changes, balance shaft deletes, etc vfaq has some detailed write ups.

Good luck! you might regret it, but if your crazy enough not to regret this purchase, then you'll fit right in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

lowcashleblanc

I regret nothing! Lol how ever thine thing that is frustraighting me right now is why do I have restricted access to tho site on my laptop and not my phone...

I have learned from past mistakes on vehicles that i was working on and modifying. I can never go wrong with doing all the proper maintenance first.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned