The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Got my valve cover back today

strokin4dr

Valve cover looks pretty good. Reminds me that I need to get one coated for my project car!

SmoothCustomer

Quoting 4thStroke:
Will you make a new thread when the valve cover is installed so we know what a fresh red powder coated valve cover looks like on a nile black VR4?

I don't believe anyone has put extra/larger holes in a DSM valve cover for proper crank case ventilation... ever.

While that may be true about a dsm valve cover, you might want to look at the one lap car, which leads me to the next point... why put them on the top instead of the side?

turbowop

Quoting 4thStroke:
Will you make a new thread when the valve cover is installed so we know what a fresh red powder coated valve cover looks like on a nile black VR4?

I don't believe anyone has put extra/larger holes in a DSM valve cover for proper crank case ventilation... ever.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowroflr.gif

GSX_TC

Quoting SmoothCustomer:
Quoting 4thStroke:

While that may be true about a dsm valve cover, you might want to look at the one lap car, which leads me to the next point... why put them on the top instead of the side?

Can I see a pic of how the one lap vr4 has his fittings?

89Mirageman

Any pics of the bolts that you plan to use to mount it with?

beaner

Quoting GSX_TC:

It's basically what you pictured, but on the side and looped together.

Did you tap the cover for nitrous or anything?

GSX_TC

Quoting thedsmguy:
I'm in for pics of the gasket your using. Not sure which one to buy.

im just going to use an OEM valve cover gasket set, and the bolts im using are the ones that are currently on the car. nothing fancy, just reg bolts.

GSX_TC

Quoting Beaner:
Quoting GSX_TC:

Did you tap the cover for nitrous or anything?

Lol wow you must not know much about cars. why the hell would anybody tap a dam valve cover for nitrous. just stop talkin champ lol

GSX_TC

technically its a 1gb, its jake montgomery's old setup on Evil Eagle. but i think im just set mine up like the Onelap VR4. that way i know its a good setup. i got the whole build thread on his now.

beaner

Quoting GSX_TC:
Lol wow you must not know much about cars. why the hell would anybody tap a dam valve cover for nitrous. just stop talkin champ lol

Oh. It gets sucked in by the blow-by. Going through the valve cover it also mixes with the oily air, and since you can't compress oil, compression goes up a hair too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

You going to install it straight up or polish/wax it? The powdercoat will fade after all the heat cycles. Vasoline is good on powdercoat. Levels out when warmed up and makes the colors pop like 3d.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts