The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Central IN

gvr4ever

Back up for sale. I'm moving and gaining needed space, but still only a two car garage.

Possible partial trade for a MT03 or Z400

The car is currently more sorted than it's ever been, drives great. Booted the new Kia outside.

Galant VR4

347/1000

2nd owner since 1998

I've currently lost my detail list for my car. Update: I've been updating the full list and it's getting closer to complete. Might still remember find a few things.

Condition (turn key) today.... Good. Almost everything works, inducing the AC (still cold).

Only 2 cons. The power steering switch doesn't work. So the RPMs don't auto blip up when driving slow (parking). The hood resonates at a specific RPMs. Somewhere near 2600 RPMs. *note The puck clutch is noisy off throttle, but it is also VERY light and has gobs of space on the floor. The clutch has smoothed out a LOT since new. It is still noisier than a street disk, but doesn't get bad till below 3K RPMs. I hate the ACT 2600 and my CenterForce friction material just feel off the clutch before I wore it out, so I prefer the puck style clutch so far.

Paint is still shiny, leather still in good shape (driver seat has a worn spot, but not a huge rip), rust is minimal.

Nile Black with sunroof
14xk miles

Engine
Rebuilt head with new valve seals
Rebuilt Throttle body

Mods
CM 2.5" SS exhaust with muffler from a 3" exhaust (new)
Big 16G turbo (40K maybe)
Walbro 255lph rewired fuel pump, Buschur Racing BR/SX Fuel Pressure Regulator Kit.
Greddy B boost controller
Mofugas leather shift boot.
3G shift knob with a 1G shorter shifter.
Lotek GVR4 gauge pod with a boost and air fuel ratio gauges
3G V6 MAF with an adapter from Iceman (forget the PN)
Quality FMIC
750cc FIC injectors (new)
Tune with a Keydiver chip
H&R springs (new)
AGX dampeners (new)
ACT lightweight flywheel (new)
6 puck (I forget the brand (atm), (new)
Rebuilt ShepTrans (about 40K never raced or abused miles)
Like new 205-55-15 Yokohama ADVAN Fleva V701 tires

Maintenance

Rebuilt Mitsubishi like new brakes all around, new driver side e-brake cable. Last Mitsubishi new part in the land?
Recent fluid change in the transmission, t-case, and rear diff.

Many spare parts
91 wagon wheels with winter tires, extra pedal box if, when needed... Just to name a few.

I'll update and improve details as I can find them. I'll add more pics in a week or so.

Price isn't firm, but also not open to low ball offers. Sale is kinda pending, but the buyer is taking his time.

Galant VR4.png

Last edited:

gvr4ever

It's ok Dave. I'm genuinely ready to move on. I've had it for so long now and I'm older and just don't care about going as fast as I used to. Drove a friends manual 6th gen Camaro SS and as fun as it was, I rather have a Miata.

ATM, I'm low on garage space. In between fun cars, I'm likely going to get a bike.

So, one possible partial trade would be a Yamaha MT-03

Last edited:

gvr4ever

Update:

The car is at my mechanics. One of his clients was the one interested and I was going to get it this weekend. After an extended test drive, one of the rebuilt brakes started dragging a little, and it turned out one of the piston dust boots was swollen. Waiting on parts and the dust boots will be replaced in pairs. Pictures will be delayed.

gvr4ever

Still didn't have a chance to do a full detail, but I wanted to get some promised pictures uploaded. I gave the interior a quick clean up and treated the leather a bit.

IMG_0693.jpeg

IMG_0694.jpeg

IMG_0695.jpeg

IMG_0696.jpeg

IMG_0697.jpeg

IMG_0698.jpeg

IMG_0699.jpeg

IMG_0700.jpeg

IMG_0701.jpeg

IMG_0702.jpeg

IMG_0703.jpeg

IMG_0704.jpeg

IMG_0705.jpeg

IMG_0706.jpeg

IMG_0707.jpeg

IMG_0708.jpeg

IMG_0709.jpeg

IMG_0710.jpeg

IMG_0711.jpeg

IMG_0712.jpeg

IMG_0713.jpeg

IMG_0714.jpeg

IMG_0715.jpeg

IMG_0716.jpeg

IMG_0717.jpeg

IMG_0718.jpeg

IMG_0719.jpeg

IMG_0720.jpeg

IMG_0721.jpeg

IMG_0722.jpeg

IMG_0723.jpeg

gvr4ever

I do have the missing plastic panels in the trunk, just didn't get them installed today. Whoops, my 710 cap is backwards.

Last edited:

Dan D

I do have the missing plastic panels in the trunk, just didn't get them installed today. Whoops, my 710 cap is backwards.
Boo. Don't do it. You know you'll regret it. Find a place for it. Hold on to it. I remember years ago at Lance's that car being clean. It's still clean....keep it.

gvr4ever

Boo. Don't do it. You know you'll regret it. Find a place for it. Hold on to it. I remember years ago at Lance's that car being clean. It's still clean....keep it.
Years ago.. Would have been in the early 2000s. Did you happen to have a white Galant VR4? I only recall 3 people (locally) having them at the time.

gvr4ever

Small update:

I picked the car up today from the mechanic. The rear PS lines have been bypassed. The car has zero leaks of any kind. The AC still blows COLD and I needed it today.

I stopped for gas about 1/4 mile away before leaving town, and the station attendant came out, and asked if my car was for sale.

The engine and transmission are fantastic. I didn't give it the full beans today, but even rolling into the throttle is addictive and breaking the speed limit too easy.

If you are seriously looking for a Galant VR4 that only needs future maintenance, seriously consider this one.

Forgot one more thing: Before a failure, I bypassed the front balance shaft, and put the oil pump stubby in the rear. So the front BS is still in the car, without a belt. I can't tell a difference.

rustednut00

Small update:

I picked the car up today from the mechanic. The rear PS lines have been bypassed. The car has zero leaks of any kind. The AC still blows COLD and I needed it today.

I stopped for gas about 1/4 mile away before leaving town, and the station attendant came out, and asked if my car was for sale.

The engine and transmission are fantastic. I didn't give it the full beans today, but even rolling into the throttle is addictive and breaking the speed limit too easy.

If you are seriously looking for a Galant VR4 that only needs future maintenance, seriously consider this one.

Forgot one more thing: Before a failure, I bypassed the front balance shaft, and put the oil pump stubby in the rear. So the front BS is still in the car, without a belt. I can't tell a difference.
Still available?

gvr4ever

It is. It is currently a few miles from my house being stored in a nice modern pole barn for winter, but avaliable.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned