The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Gen 2 MAFT install... NEED HELP.....

GolfBall

so im working on gettin my vr4 running and am to the point where i need to wire up the Gen 2 MAFT to a 3" gm maf....

this is where im at....

securedownload-4.jpg

been searching and reading everywhere and cant find anything helpfull.... the combo of being a 1g vr4 with dsm-link and Gen 2 just isn't that popular i guess....

GolfBall

so does this sound right.....

MAFT

yellow-----yellow \
pink---------red MAF
black------black /

black------green/black \
green-----green/blue STOCK
grey-------green/yellow MAF WIRING
brown-----green/orange /

1. Purple - not used
2. Brown - not used
9. White - not used

Last edited by a moderator:

onesickcrx

I'm at my buddys shop helping him paint his truck. when I get home I will see which wire goes where on my car. Unless someone posts it first

onesickcrx

Sorry I wired it up on the car I just sold and I didnt take any pictures /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

GolfBall

how has no one had this problem....

i cant find this info ANYWHERE..... cant even find a simple wiring diagram to tell me what wire does what, everything just shows pins at the ecu.

CarRacer

PDF wiring diagram.

I found this in that link turbowop found. You didn't see this or does it not help you?

I'm not sure why you are so confused. The documentation is pretty clear. This is their diagram, as to which color wire on their box goes to which pins on the ECU.
click
You just need to correct the colors for a GVR-4, which is documented pretty well in the 2GMAS-in-a-1G VFAQ:
click
You don't need the wire from pin #1 of the original MAS, MAF Reset, because the MAFT doesn't supply a Reset signal. That still leaves you with the problem of tracing which Green/Yellow wire goes back to pin #16 of the ECU, so the MAFT can lock the BARO signal. (They have pin #1 of the MAS plug labeled "Idle Position Switch", just ignore it.)
You also don't need the wire from pin #4, the Green/Red striped +5 volt feed for the BARO section, as the MAFT runs off of 12 volts only, the heavy Red wire that was on pin #3 of the MAS connector.
Green/Orange is IAT, pin #8 of the ECU.
The Green/Light Blue wire that was pin #2 (to pin #10 of the ECU) is the Karman Hz wire.
For a ground to the MAFT unit, you can either source a good ground to chassis or somewhere, or I guess you could use the Sensors Ground, which is on pin #6 of the MAS, Green/Black striped wire.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts