The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

fuel injector plastic tips

gvr4ever

Can they run fine without them? What is their actual function?

I'm digging in to my car to fix a intake leak. The good news is, I think it was just the gaskets on the bottom of the injectors. One was cracked and had a clear leak in it. I actually have spares for some reason, so I can get it back up and running today. As long as I don't need new injector plastic tips....

gvr4ever

Hope this helps others.

click

From what I've read, I think the caps help seal the injector. The cap that was split also had the injector seal that split. So probably a slow leak that caused another leak.

Okayplayer

Those are insulators. They work as a seal between the head and injector, also to isolate them from heat off the block. If you ask for them as insulators, rather than o-rings, at the auto part store, they should be able to hook you up. If not they are available here: click

gvr4ever

^^^

Thanks for the link. For some reason I actually had an extra set. Just gotta wait for the pintle caps to come in and I should be back on the road in less then an hour.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned