The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Second Owner VR4 1772/2000 Nile Black Mesa AZ $6500

GSTwithPSI

I hope the tire kickers keep coming /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously though, Josh. I'd hate to see you sell this. I'm almost sure you'll regret it. Maybe just throw a cover on it and park it until you have more time/interest in it. I know you said space is at a premium for you right now, but maybe there's another solution?

G

Staff member
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif @ the weed. Cheap bastards in AZ. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

donniekak

There are usually 2 kinds of people looking at these cars. People looking for a 4 door dsm, they want cheap junk, or to lowball a clean car so they can destroy it. The second type appreciate these cars, and don't have a problem with a realistic asking price. Problem is the second type of buyer probably already has a vr4.

Jesus_Negros

Haha this is some funny sh*t!

I wish I had room for this car. I'd buy it up. But, I don't even talk to sellers unless I know for sure I can show up with money and have the room to take it home.

In all honesty, KEEP IT! Cant regret keeping it.

citymunky

I think your asking price is fair. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

IncorpoRatedX

I know my asking price is fair. Which is probably why I'm on the verge of pulling it from the market. I took some pictures today though so I'll have some more info for this thread.

IncorpoRatedX

ok so here's the photos i took of the car.

one thing to note; something i did not talk about in the ad:
The ABS computer is currently unhooked. The ABS system DOES work just fine, but when i bought new axles right before we moved, the passenger side showed up and was missing the ABS ring, i didnt realize this until I had installed the axle, attempted to back the car out of the garage and had that ABS system start going to work the second i hit the brakes. I pulled the car back in, jacked it back up and started checking the sensors thinking i had somehow harmed one, immediately found the reluctor ring to be missing. I kept the stock axle with the intention to remove the ring and put it on the new axle, but i was out of time before the move so i had to disable the ABS. The ABS will be working before someone buys this car, I just have to get a break between the other project cars im working on to do it. I just wanted to point that out before someone lost their sh*t over the ABS computer being unplugged.

engine_bay_copy1.jpg

under_carriage_from_front.jpg

under_carriage_from_front_2.jpg

under_carriage_from_rear.jpg

Interior is filthy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
dirty_interior.jpg

Blemishes:
passenger side rear quarter panel ding, about the size of a quarter dollar
rear_passenger_quarter_panel_blemish.jpg

passenger side rear quarter clear coat
rear_quarter_panel_clear.jpg

driverside rear door ding also about the size of a quarter
drivers_side_rear_door_blemish_2.jpg

driverside front fender clear coat
front_drivers_fender_clear.jpg

IncorpoRatedX

Also reminds me of a few other things i've done to this car;

did a new fuel filter at the time of the head rebuild
new master cylinder when i put all new rotors, pads and calipers on the car
slim line 12 inch fan wired to stock system installed at the time of the radiator

turbowop

I'm confused. None of my ABS rings are on the axles. The fronts are inside the knuckles/hubs, and the rears are pressed onto the spindles. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
That is correct Mark. No ABS rings on the axles on this car. Must be something else.

IncorpoRatedX

I better check the sensor then and see if I damaged it. Thanks guys!

IncorpoRatedX

Ok, I knew I wasnt insane. I cut myself some slack because I own and maintain seven mitsubishi's and hardly any two are the same.

When I put new axles in, i backed out of the garage and the ABS started working it's butt off the second i tried to stop my roll. I pulled back into the garage and inspected the car, at the time I'm not sure why it didnt occur to me that the ABS ring is on the wheel hub but the drivers side had an ABS ring, passenger did not. Obviously these axles are used in a number of vehicles, according to Rock Auto:

EAGLE 2000 GTX (1991 - 1992)
EAGLE SUMMIT (1992 - 1996)
EAGLE TALON (1990 - 1998)
MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE (1990 - 1999)
MITSUBISHI EXPO (1992 - 1995)
MITSUBISHI EXPO LRV 1993
MITSUBISHI GALANT (1990 - 1992)
PLYMOUTH COLT (1993 - 1994)
PLYMOUTH COLT VISTA 1992
PLYMOUTH LASER (1992 - 1994)

All of these vehicles use the same driverside axle, so if any one of them calls for an ABS ring, I likely ended up with that model's axle.

That being said, it doesnt explain why the ABS was acting up. I'll be looking into that the first chance I get.

Pics for proof;

And just because I got such a kick out of this service record from the original owner;

IncorpoRatedX

Did it cause any problems with your ABS Mark? I doubt it could have any impacts whatsoever but i thought I would ask because...

When i changed the axles i put the old axles into the new boxes and stuck them with the rest of the moving stuff, so i haven't laid eyes on them since i yanked them from the car. I just dug them out and double checked (for the sake of my sanity) and there's no rings on either of those axles, because they're likely original (no service record to indicate otherwise) so as far as I know the only variable in my axle change was either me inadvertently damaging a sensor, or that ring somehow creating an issue.

G

Staff member
Looks like one is a reman.

turbowop

Quoting Alpha Male:
Did it cause any problems with your ABS Mark?

Nope. Although I was worried it might have clearance issues, that wasn't a problem either. And only one axle came with the ring, though I don't remember which side. I think driver's side.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
There is probably only one side that has commonality with some later models using the newer sensing/rotor design.

I would look at the adjustment and cleanliness of the sensor. dirty/metal contaminated or out of adjustment sensors cause erratic behavior.

strokin4dr

I've damaged an abs sensor in the past by stressing the wire too much when installing an axle. You could easily have done the same here.
Good luck.

IncorpoRatedX

Pending sale scheduled for Sunday.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned