The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Mods please lock this up

I have decided to go ahead and sell my GVR4’s and clear out my yard some. I have been daily driving #435 for 3 months or so now. This is a 1991 Belize Green with 22x,xxx miles on it. I have put quite a bit of blood and time into the car since I bought it about 6 months ago. I am no need to get rid of it but the money to help finish my colt and my expo AWD minvan build would help. I replaced the engine with a rebuilt engine and lots new parts. I have only put about 5000 miles on the car since I got it up and running again. I bought the car from the second owner which owned it for 6 years. The paint and body is pretty good with no rust at all. The hood and roof both have oxidation on them as usual. The interior is all there with a few minor seam splits in the front seats. Car runs and drives good. I actually have been using it as a tahoe weekend warrior for the snow this last month. I drove it for 5+ hours in the last snowstorm with no issues.

Bads:
-Boosts steadily around 12psi but then jumps up to about 20-22 psi at higher rpm. I am not sure what is causing it, I never took the time to figure it out yet. It is pretty fun to drive as is and handles great. I did a basic tune with the MAFT and SAFC with a wideband in but could use a better tune. It is fine to drive around as is though.

Clean Title (comes with some paperwork from previous owners work and original window sticker from dealership and the matching key ring badge /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Engine replaced with rebuilt engine w/ 50,000 miles
New Timing belt, components, and water pump all replaced 15,000 miles ago
GVR4 Tranny shifts good little notchy when cold in second but nothing bad at all
XTD Stage 2 6 puck and pressure plate 5,000 miles
New front axles
EVO 560cc injectors
3in GM MAF w/ MAFT (I extended the MAFT into the center console of the cabin for easier tuning)
New battery SEP 09
FP manifold 5000 miles
Evo III 16g (not ebay) w/ 15,000
ETS Intercooler and piping kit 5000 miles
90 DSM oil cooler setup
Still has PS and AC (the ac needs to be recharged, I haven’t done it since I put the new motor in but worked fine prior to engine install)
Konig wheels (not sure what type) 16’s good tread
1G DSM KYB AGX’s all the way around with H&R springs I believe
5 lug swap with new pads in the front
3 bolt LSD rear end
3in downpipe, and full 3 in straight pipe to HKS carbon TI muffler
4WS removed and plugged at the rack
ABS sensors removed (the box is still in the front)
Autometer digital boost and water temp gauges
SAFC 1
Greddy Turbo Timer w/ 1g adapter harness
DSM shortened shifter with leather shift boot
1G DSM Steering Wheel

I am attaching my build thread for pics for now but I will get some more soon. It has been raining and I just got back from tahoe so the car is pretty dirty. Price is at $4000. I might be down with trades for other cars or parts. I am in need of a built FWD tranny and a twin disk for my colt. If you are interested Pm me and I will get back with you as soon as I can.

click

Last edited by a moderator:

atc250r

Staff member
Please fix the title as per the rules.

Thanks.

John

atc250r

Staff member
Thanks and good luck with the sale. You CA guys get all the nice rust free ones. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Tre3zy

seen this car in person.... really clean.... good luck with the sale david...

Sr71sss

you wanna trade a lo mile WORKS built 2.3 stroker evo motor, complete with intake,exhaust, turbo system, WORKS P2 reflash ecu, 255 walbro/gas tank, and all related evo parts to boot that I still have...all have paperwork on it and uncleben can attest to it as a working setup

conrad

I am actually going to pick that evo up today. I might swing by if you are around I will give you a call.

I am pulling the digital gauges out and possibly the hks muffler and knocking down the price to $3500

I actually will be taking this off the market. I have decided to keep it for now and build it furthermore. Thanks for all the interest. I was going to put my evo 3 motor and t3 setup in my expo but I have decided I would rather install everything in the vr4.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts