The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Injector plugs, 3g 1-1/16" MC, 501 mafs, ISC,coils Updated 7-27

89Mirageman

Quoting manikbastrd:
Are these Coil on plugs bolt on + wiring? Basically will it take me more than a few hours to install? Also, Do you have any pics installed?

The $8 + shipping only gets you 4 coils with their oem connectors and a little wire. You will still need a plate to mount them. You can find wiring diagram online on how to make them work with your engine. A full kit that is ready to bolt on will be substantially more money. PM Curtis, I know he used to make them for members a while back.

ExplicitCC

Do you still have a set of coils? And injector plugs? If so I'll take both

GSTwithPSI

Here's the diagram: (The thread: click)
img.php

The plates are pretty easy to make. I even saw some dude make one out of a street sign one time...
2010-05-11184922.jpg

You can mock it up with cardboard, and just use that as a pattern. Cut out the metal and you're good to go.

Last edited:

holeshotmoe

inref ^^^
Oh, so it appears this "Street" sign plate is used only to hold the coils in place? Are they all done that way? I thought I saw a few where the coils were attached to the plate. I was wondering if they could be easily pulled up as one unit when done that way.
Also, a box of coils, clips and ISC arrived today in record time. Thanks Man!

GSTwithPSI

The pate just needs to be sturdy enough to hold the coils firmly over each plug well. The coils bolt to the plate, and the plate bolts to the valve cover. The plug boot is sandwiched between the coil and spark plug. As long as the plate isn't all flimsy, bolting down the plate pulls the plug boots down tightly over the plugs, slightly compressing the small conductor springs inside the plug boots. That gives you a good connection between the coil and plug. I usually put a bit of electric grease on each end of the spring for good measure.

89Mirageman

Quoting ExplicitCC:
Do you still have a set of coils? And injector plugs? If so I'll take both

Yes I do, pm me your zip and I'll get you a total with shipping.

GSTwithPSI, thanks again for the link! Still have a ton of these coils here guys....

ExplicitCC

Great deals, super fast shipping and great communications this guy is great to do business with.... thanks for that parts and deals!!!

GVR4kauai

I'll take 2 sets of coils! Pm sent thx

89Mirageman

Quoting ExplicitCC:
Great deals, super fast shipping and great communications this guy is great to do business with.... thanks for that parts and deals!!!

Thanks bro, can you add that to my feedback on here? click

I left you + feedback as well.

89Mirageman

Updated, added 1g dsm shifter, 2g dsm valve cover and stocked up on 3g eclipse 1-1/16" brake master cylinders, intrepid coils (both styles) and quick release injector clips. Also I need to move some of these 3g 501 mafs with the plugs. I have 11 here that I will let go for $5 each + shipping. Nothing wrong with them, just over stocked and need to clear out some room.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned