The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: HKS 264/272 combo

CutlassJim

Was going to run these but found a set of GSC's. They are in perfectly used shape and I know the previous owner and helped put them in and take them out. Only 5k miles before he upgraded to straight 272's. $375 shipped and pp'd.

Lobe condition

matt92vr4

Hello, I'm interested. What's the general consensus regarding these cams on a 16G DD car? Good to go? Any basic power numbers? ECMLink3, stock cam gears, EVO8 spings/valves. Thanks! Matt

Last edited:

jogalant

This is a great combo for daily driving. I'll personally attest to it: relatively smooth idle with great mid range and crazy top end torque. There are posts here that give this combo a thumbs up as well. This will complement your setup nicely. You should grab this. You won't regret it. I paid over $500 for a pair a few years ago. I have BC280's on mine now and while they're insane after 5K, I miss the mid range. Thinking of putting back my 264/272's soon.

fuel

very interested however I have a stock car (JDM), wondering if my setup will hold these cams back somewhat. The only good things over a stock USDM I have is 510cc injectors, cyclone intake, 20G turbo and larger intercooler and piping. Intake/exhaust is all stock. Am running a Walbro 255, K&N filter and 15psi of boost though.

CutlassJim

Back in the day a friend had a 91 TSi with this cam combo and a 2.5" exhaust @ 18 psi, everything else stock, and the car went from running 13.9's to 12.8's with 9 mph increase. Cams WAKE 4G63's right up.

CutlassJim

Sold. Thanks for all the interest.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned