The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: GVR4 1552 partout: aftermarket parts

alansupra94

You better email me back or I will steal your jackstands! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

talontyme

Quoting talontyme:
Hey Nate here is a little list of the parts i would like.
front dome light cover
st rear sway bar
ss brake lines
front bumper cover
shifter boot(if factory and in good shape)
intake manifold.
I sent an e-mail before I knew you and your family were sick i hope you all feel better just get back to me when you can.

added parts to list.

NateCrisman

Ok...yesterday was shot (promised Wife I would do something with her and kids if weather was good, as they are off from school...we went to Philly Zoo). I spent today at the shop, and busted out the majority of part removal. Engine/trans are on the floor, lots of stuff went in the parts washer today. Have to go to a family dinner party, but:

Tonight, I PROMISE, I'll respond to every email that's stacked up in my inbox.

Tomorrow Im going to the shop specifically to make photos and clean/organize parts. Lots of parts have been sold already sight unseen, which I have to say Thanks to everyone that is so trusting of me. hahah Some people have even sent me paypal payments without even contacting me yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:

NateCrisman

More photos added, a few items sold today to local guys.

4wheelsqueal

You think you can include the fp manifold to turbo housing bolts for me? Thanks, nate.

NateCrisman

Yeah, I think I can dig those out of the wash tank for ya. They are just normal stock bolts, not anything ARP or FP specific.

4wheelsqueal

Sounds good. Wasn't sure if they were special or not. Are the fronts smaller than the back ones?

Nartanian

You have dimensions of the FMIC kit?

NateCrisman

It is a spearco core #216. 28"x10.5"x3.5" plus end tanks.

turbowop

Good deal on that FMIC. Same core I have on my car and I paid that much just for the core new.

BTW, what's the story on this car? Why is it being parted? Seems it was a fairly well known rig. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited:

NateCrisman

This is the story of this car:
1193508293_LqW3J-L.jpg

The frame is rotted out in some bad places: the front crossmember that has the 2 north/south bars and the front engine mount wasn't even attached to the body. Once I unbolted the rear ends of the North/South braces...that crossmember was hanging from the engine as the sides were just rotted out of the frame. The front steering rack subframe connection points are also completely rotted out, when I went to unbolt the subframe from the body, the studs just tore out of the floor. It was rotted bad enough that all the brake and fuel lines are gone in chunks too.

Typical NY state Galant that was driven in snow/salt every winter for 2 decades and parked outside. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif It looks decent on the top from 10 ft away and looks great in pictures online. When you see it in person and see the bottom of the car, anyone can see the unibody is wasted.

Not to mention it's a 197k mile old car that's worth, at best, $3500 running & driving. It's got $7500-$8500 worth of parts on it. Makes no sense to keep it together /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif The original owner (ATC250R) was going to either body swap it or part it out himself, but got "life-sidetracked" and it's sat for a couple years untouched. The car was destined for the crusher either way.

Last edited:

NateCrisman

AGX still available...pics tomorrow, they are in the parts washer tonight.

I noticed today that the car has manual seatbelts with a complete set of what looks to be correct interior plastic trim and headliner!! Im a little scared to take it apart, but this should be pretty valuable as a complete set.

Are the rear dog legs for sale? If so il take them. NM, didn't see them listed on your site.

Last edited by a moderator:

NateCrisman

I haven't really gotten to updating the website for all the stock parts yet. The doglegs are both available still, Iv been super busy just pulling the aftermarket stuff first.

alansupra94

I never got an email back /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Should I try resending it?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned