The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: EVO 8 Coilovers: $400.00 BNIB

GEDengineering

For sale are a brand new set of EVO 8 coilover's that I purchased for my VR4, but due to family and life I sold the car and now longer have use for them. I paid 649.00 for them new I am asking 400.00 or BO (plus shipping and Paypal fees). I just want to move them along to clean out the garage. The specs are as follows.

Adjustable Ride Height
Spring Rates: 9kg Front and 7kg Rear
20 Levels of Adjustable Dampening
Pillow Ball Upper Mounts
Rubber Dust Covers
Aggressive Spring Rates
Single-Cylinder Design
Aluminum Brackets
All Hardware is Included
Manufactured to meet or exceed precise quality specifications

As many know these are perfect for the VR4 platform and only need a few modifications to work. Here is the link for were I purchased them from Coilovers. If you have any questions feel free to text or call me at 786-457-8945.

Thanks
Glenn

GEDengineering

Uploading some pictures for better details of the coilovers for the money they are good items. If you have questions let me know

20160525_203857.jpg

20160525_203855.jpg
20160525_203806.jpg
20160525_203851.jpg
20160525_203809.jpg
20160525_203838.jpg
20160525_203831.jpg
20160525_203828.jpg

GEDengineering

Can ship in the continental US for $40.00 via USPS... These are a good deal guys. Let me know if you have any questions or want them retrofitted before they ship out to their new home.

Thanks
Glenn

NateCrisman

Man, I wish I knew you had these when I picked up the car, I might have bought them then. Let me take a look at the info and Ill get back to you..(car still BOUNCING up front haha)

GEDengineering

Let me know.. .The spring rates should be just right for the VR4 and with little work it could be a great street set up in my opinion

GSTwithPSI

Are the bodies on these aluminum? Those rears would need to be modified for sure. There's no way in hell those skinny ass little tabs/welds support the weight of a car. Not a big deal, since you'll need to mod the lowers anyways for a GVR4.

I wonder if you could just find a Galant specific rear lower off of another cheap coilover and screw it onto the threaded body of one of these?

GEDengineering

The lower threaded mounts are not aluminum they are steel, one reason I like them because you could easily remove the lower bushing from the factory assembly and weld it inbetween the two ears. The ears themselve are 1/4" steel which will more than support the load of the car. The idea for these when I bought them was to do simple mods and create a good street suspension set up that would have the adjustment I was looking for. If you want to talk more about what can be done give me a call.

Thanks
Glenn

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts