The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: evo 3 aluminum race radiator 50.00!

3rdstrikedsm

from my jdm evo may fit gvr4 with modifications txt 352-409-2367 for pics or details

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

Last edited:

FlyingEagle

Staff member
GVR4/Galant radiators have the same foot print as Mirage Turbo radiators, and we have a user that installed the EVO3 Koyo Race radiator into his Mirage.
required some lower bracket mods, not a big deal really. If you like the part, you can't beat the price and that it is such a close fit. If the inlet/outlet are both 1-3/8", then stock rad hoses will fit the necks. I did a compare of 3 Mirage/Colt rads here, and one Galant/VR4 radiator. Looks like a good fit with hose locations being almost identical, no reason they wouln't be given the era of parts they are working with. click

3rdstrikedsm

I do remember someone installing an evo 3 radiator in a gvr4 years back and it being a close fit as I was going to put one in my gvr4 at the time but could never find an aluminum radiator for a reasonable price /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif and now I have one that I don't need, figures /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Thanks for the info on this!

RayH

I recall the Koyo EvoIII radiator does not have a fitting for the GVR4 temp sensor and the overflow nipple was offset 90 degrees but otherwise fit the GVR4.

vr4play

I have an evo III radiator in my GVR4. I made spacers to go at the bottom and welded in a bung for the temp sensor and that's all I had to do. Here are a couple pics of the Evo III next to a stock one.

bigblock4g63

Nice Welds

3rdstrikedsm

Bump for a dirt cheap upgrade!

prove_it

So is this narrower then a stock radiator too? If so I'll most likely buy it up.

Shipping quote to 57105 please

jepherz

Staff member
Quoting vr4play:
I have an evo III radiator in my GVR4. I made spacers to go at the bottom and welded in a bung for the temp sensor and that's all I had to do.

+1, I did the same. I even have the odd sized tap I could look up for anyone that needs it. I just made spacers on the bottom by turning some delrin on the lathe.

prove_it

Money sent, consider this sold.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned