The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: ECUs Galore! Turbo, non-turbo, working, not working, eprom, non-eprom

jepherz

Staff member
Clearing out the shop. I personally tested each ECU and if I say they work, they started up in my car and idled with no CEL for a few minutes. PM me with any offers.

1: Non-turbo, eprom ECU with ZIF socket. This ran in a non-turbo car I had over 5 years ago, so although I didn't get a chance to prove it, I assume it works. $25 shipped or free with other ECU purchase.

2: I had this unit repaired by Dave Mertz (I think that was his name?) back in 2007 and used it for several years with no issues. It is a '90 ECU but can be run in 91+ DSMs by swapping pins 6 and 14. The list of repairs and Dave's signature is on the inside cover. $120 shipped OBO.

3: I believe this is a '90 ECU as it has a E742 eprom. It is socketted and caps have been replaced but it would not start the car. $25 shipped or free with other ECU purchase.

4: Tested and works. Socketted and caps replaced. 91+. Notice that one of the ears on the smallest connector is broken, but the tension keeps the plug in fine. Comes with E931 eprom. $150 shipped OBO.

5: This one is tested and works but does not come with an eprom. It has been socketed and caps replaced. It's a 91+. $150 shipped OBO.

6: I don't know why I didn't get pictures of this last one, but it's a 91+ turbo ECU, non-eprom that does not work. I will get pictures if necessary. $25 shipped or free with other ECU purchase.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned