The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: big power built 6 bolt short block 9.5:1

3rdstrikedsm

Arias pistons and Pauter x beam rods will hold 1k hp has front case and aisin water pump along with balance shaft Elim kit all arp fasteners.

Has very low miles on the build when a timing belt jumped time and trashed the built head that was on it.

Only reason I'm selling it is because I parted my car out

950.00 which is crack head cheap and what the rods alone cost!

uncut crank!

Last edited:

3rdstrikedsm

Oops I added the price and pm me for more info if interested.

3rdstrikedsm

I was not the one who had it built but it was a local shop in the orlando area however I can't remember their name off hand but who built it does not matter as much as how well it was built and it was done right since there is some miles on it and not a fresh build the ptw clearance is good no scoring of the walls or piston skirts no abnormal bearing wear or crank damage .020 over punch and align honed for sure.

done right not in someones back yard or garage and the price is dirt cheap since I will not be using it sadly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

someone is getting a hell of a deal here if it does not sell in the next couple of weeks I will pull it apart and sell parts individually as it will pull more than the selling price that way the rods alone cost what I am asking for a fully running block.

EMX5636

That is a very good price for quality components. Especially when you add in the Front Cover etc. Any nicks in the tops of the pistons? Might want to put up a pic or two to reassure anyone.

3rdstrikedsm

Yes there are a few kicks in the valve relief area of the piston but nothing some emery cloth can't take care of. I will get pics today yet of that area.

3rdstrikedsm

pics posted of the one that was cleaned up and one that was not.

3rdstrikedsm

I will give this 3 more weeks for sale at this crack head cheap price then I will begin to part her out which will net more than my asking price hover this would be a real shame to do this to a good running block but people are hung up on build sheets which if you buy this for 950 and take it to a good machine shop and have them clean it up for a few hundre then you are still well below the cost of 3k or more to replicate this short block.

3rdstrikedsm

parting her out now....

550 shipped for the pauter x beam 6 bolt rods
250 shipped for the arias pistons (minor but fixable valve rfelief damage)
250 for the 6 bolt block and crank with all arp fasteners and bse kit with oil pump and all (will ship at buyers expense should be around 60-75 ish)

It will stay all together untill someone buys the first piece at which time I will tear it down It is worth more in pieces but will still offer it as one bad ass short block for cheap.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Do you really think you could ship the block for that cheap? I might be interested if so.

CutlassJim

Was the front case a new OEM unit when the engine was built?

3rdstrikedsm

Quoting iceman69510:
Do you really think you could ship the block for that cheap? I might be interested if so.

I am just taking a guess from previous exp shipping stuff of this size but not sure what a block and crank weigh?
If you knew the apx dimensions and weight I could get a more accurate quote for you.

3rdstrikedsm

Quoting CutlassJim:
Was the front case a new OEM unit when the engine was built?

Yes

vr4g63

I may be interested in the whole short block. Sadly, my motor expired Sunday night. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif It's at English Racing now and I should get some feedback tomorrow on just how bad it is. Might make more sense to just by your short block and rebuild my head.

3rdstrikedsm

Local sale pending as of now, I am shocked it took this long for a short block of this caliber to sell as it was worth more in parts alone than my asking price.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned