The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: best street/DD exhaust setup

mountaineerjeff

I have to get rid of this to get some cash for my DD that blew up.

full 3" exhaust... now this is the best possible exhaust to have for a daily, or street driven vr4. It runs a full 3" flange to a mandrel bent 90 through a 3" flex pipe. no 2.5 to 3 bottle neck like most have...then after the DP there is a Y. one side goes 3" into a cat, then 2.5" into the stock single in dual out muffler. its so quite that I have ground my starter because I forgot it was running...but you can still hear it when you "get on it"...the other side of the Y goes to a 3" QTP cutout flange. so you can open the exhaust straight up with no cat or muffler, and practically 0 restriction. the best flow you can get for a street car.

now this was a fully custom build for the vr4 so I know it fits perfectly with the AWS and AWD. the only draw back is unless you have a welder you will have to have a local muffler shop install it for you. because it is one single continuous piece right now, and unless you want to pay crazy cost of shipping then im going to have to cut it in half. It will be cut in a place that it is easy to reweld, or you could take it and get flanges welded on, and install it yourself....for the right price ill even take it and get flanges put on.

someone make me an offer on this. I know DPs go for 250 all the time, and most of them are 2.5" bottle necks. I can get pics if there is anyone seriously interested, but it is still installed on the car so im not gong to pull it off until I get some offers. It just looks like pipe. its 100% functional.

I have no idea where to start with this. to be honest if I get an offer that is enough to finish my DD, then ill sell it...

how bout 650 + shipping? Highly negotiable, just send me an offer, Im pretty strapped right now, and would like to sell as fast as possible.

Last edited:

Junior392

Please provide pictures of the exhaust and QTP cut out. What is the exhaust made out of aluminum - stainless steel - ? What type of muffler do you have attached to it? Also is the QTP cut out electronic? If so does the wire harness, module, and support hardware come with it? I am interested in hearing back from you and very possibly doing business. Thanks in advance for your time.

mountaineerjeff

as stated there is a QTP flange, no actual cutout. and the muffler is factory vr4, which gives a very quiet idle.

the exhaust is steel, aluminized. the DP may be stainless IDK

Last edited:

mountaineerjeff

alright guys im making a trip to ship this stuff, so make me an offer, ill be much more lenient now, then if I have to make a separate trip...and price is already very negotiable.

mountaineerjeff

No one needs an exhaust? right now hows 550 shipped sound? the DP alone is worth 300+shipping.

Make me an offer, this needs to go.

Nartanian

You have pictures?

GSX_TC

Pics would def help man, maybe taken with the car on a lift.

mountaineerjeff

No chance of getting pics on a lift, the car is just a shell now. I can still get pics if you guys are interested, but my computer with all my old pics crashed. Ill have to take new ones when the weather clears. It not a super pretty exhaust, but it was made to be extremely functional.

still open to offers.

Nartanian

What metal is it?

Im pretty interested in the exhaust. How much would it be to get those flanges welded on?

mountaineerjeff

still have this, I need to get rid of some stuff to help 14u2nV get out of the game. I am willing to sell just the DP. and take the rest in for scrap. as far as metal IDK? but it is a very thick gauge unlike some cheaper stuff. the pip from the DP to the cat is just cheap aluminized mild steel. the DP 'could' be stainless, but It mot likely is just steel as well, but def quality steel at least.

thedsmguy

A exhaust shop is going to charge about $10 a flange to weld them on. Plus the cost of the flange on each side maybe $5-8 a piece plus you'll need a quality gasket another $5

Not to bad really.

I'm also very curious on just how this system is set up etc.

mountaineerjeff

I have both flanges. ill try and get some pics, but without some legit interest its not really worth my time. (fat+lazy)
but like I stated, it goes

|________________3" flange
|________________3" flange
|_______________3" mandrel 90
|_________________3" flex
|_________________3" to y
|_____3" toward DR___________3" to cat
|_3" cutout flange___________oem cat widened to 3" in 2.5" out
|____________________________2.5" to muffler
|____________________________oem muffler widened to 2.5" inlet
|

any reasonable offer and its yours.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned