The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 92 Mitsubishi Galant VR4(808/1000) St.Paul, MN - $2,500 OBO

Can you post some underhood shots? Im down in Madison and would love to come up to MSP and check the car out if you still have it in a month or so.

Mike

2of9

got the engine picture

Last edited:

Can you explain "car won't catch idle at a stop sign?" it will idle when you start it but after driving for a while it will die when you come to a stop?

Mike D

2of9

The car doesn't want to stay on idle coming towards a stop. So you're coming to a stop sign, it's in 4th gear. Put it to neutral and the car won't go back to idle, instead it will come close to dying or have a hard time idling. You will have to give it some gas to get it back to idle (780-800 rpms) My guess is that it's possibly a boost leak OR the throttle positioning sensor having low voltage.

mikus

I had the same idle situation on 1886 and it went completely away after my cleaning up some TB connectors/terminals whilst detailing underhood. TPS theory supported
/random

2of9

Bump for recent pictures.

Last edited:

IncorpoRatedX

good luck with the sale man, it was nice talking to you.

2of9

BUMP!

$2,500 OBO. Throw me an offer but don't give a LOWBALL price. Newbs/Members with 1-5 posts, I can't trust anymore unless you were recommended by a member on here. Plans are changing and I'd rather have something that moves rather than something that sits /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Anyways...bump!

2of9

bump before it get's engulfed in a fire fueled by 100 pounds of everclear

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned