The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 6Bolt complete engine - wiseco pistons $850 in New Jersey

NateCrisman

I'd like to try and move this complete engine out of the shop before Im tempted to stick it in my yellow 1G project. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif I just dropped price to $850. It's got wiseco .020" forged pistons, an MLS head gasket, 2g lifters, balance shaft slim, and fresh gaskets. Pre owner says the build has about 20k miles on it. I started it and got it running, drove it around...no issues, no noises. Compression tested 165-165-145-165. There is a video of compression test too of your interested to see it.

Prefer picked up in blairstown, New Jersey 07825 at the shop.

Hit the link for more photos and info:

http://performancepartout.com/rebuilt-6bolt-4g63-wiseco-pistons/

P1110903-XL__75961.1439517476.1280.1280.jpg

Last edited:

EHmotorsports

what were the leak down numbers? Also the link says 145psi on one cylinder.

NateCrisman

Edit for correctness....165 165 145 165 sorry, I went off top of my head /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I don't have a leak down tester in the shop actually, so no results there.

Bottom line...it's a fine running engine to swap into a streetcar or put a shell back together and drive, and the compression on that one cyl may just come back up once the engine is warmed up to temp and some miles/revs put to it. I literally just got it started on trailer and compression tested it there after the car sitting for years. might have a pumped up lifter, chunk of carbon sticking a ring...who knows, I wouldn't take it as gospel that one cyl is 10% low. And even if it is...it's a basic motor for a street application, not a race motor that your trying to wring the last 4hp out of.

The compression test is more to show: IT's a good motor, it's not blown up, it's in the ballpark, no surprises.....vs if I just pull it out and offer it for sale with a /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited:

Illinoisinc

would you ship the motor???

I am actually interested.

Thank you

Illinoisinc

I sent you an email

Gizmovr4

Bump for a good guy with great pricing and service ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

NateCrisman

Quoting Illinoisinc:
I sent you an email

I gotta apologize for the length in delay. Ill get the shipping quote for you today

NateCrisman

NateCrisman

Quoting GetWrexed:
I know you prefer pick up but if it comes down to it and you want to ship I am very interested. Zip code 80002

LTL Quotes
2 carriers found

Service Provider
Service Type
Estimated
Transit Time

RL Carriers
4.5/51400 reviews
LTL Standard4 business days
$526.60
Book

YRC Freight
4.4/5465 reviews
LTL Standard4 business days
$686.75
Book

NateCrisman

Quoting Illinoisinc:
I sent you an email

Need zip code to look up shipping quote for palletized truck freight.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned