The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1992 White GVR4 # 4/1000 **No Longer For Sale**

Status
Not open for further replies.

1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 # 4/1000
White, Moonroof. 146,533mi.

What was done already when I bought it 11/18/2006 (cut and paste from the for sale ad):

+/- 141,000 miles on the odometer.
T3/T4 57 trim with T04E Cover (was told its a Bullseye, but its no longer on the car)
2g ported manifold
3inch GMFT (no longer on the car)
2600 ACT clutch with aluminum flywheel
Threespeed Scatter shield
ARP Headstuds with rebuild head
Cometic headgasket
272 cams with 3g lifters
Rebuild block with balance shaft remove
DSMLINK (v2.5) with PTE 880cc injectors
Apexi Turbo timer
255 warlboro Fuel pump
AEM Fuel Rail
Spearco FMIC with piping
Buschur Racing 3" downpipe and catback exhaust
Coilon PLUG (no longer on the car)
Import precision carbon fiber hood (no longer on the car) **included
KYB GR2s with eibach springs (stock springs now)
Converted it in to a 5 lug from a 93 talon
Eliminated the AWD steering
4 bolt rear end
Open dump O2 housing (no longer on the car)
^^(In (...) is from me)

Car also came with (not from the for sale ad):
cut eibach lowering springs
removed p/s and a/c systems
no rear bumper support and a skin that had holes drilled in it
no trunk interior
non GVR4 transmission
tel shifter and leather boot
Grant GT steering wheel

My Maintenance/Repair/Mod History:

11/18/06: Purchase date
Dec 2006: New p/s rack, pump, and lines. New front axles and outer tie rod ends. Used stock springs installed, and e-brake fixed. New air filter. High flow cat installed. Replaced clutch master cylinder. Installed a rotting rear bumper support and beaten skin from a green vr4. Synthetic oil
Jan 2007: Was at TurboTrix (732-572-6866) all month to get the transmission rebuilt and the timing belt changed ($1875).
Feb - Mar 2007: Oil change, new battery
Apr 2007: Joe P MBC and hoses ($60).
May 2007: New OEM fuel pump sending unit ($549). 3” straight muffler tip
Jul 2007: Harmonic balancer, new lower timing cover, new starter, and a new slave cylinder.
Oct 2007: Oil change
Nov 2007: Synapse BOV ($265 shipped)
Dec 2007: Used Wiper Reservoir + Pump (not installed)
Jan - Feb 2008: New tires mounted on 02 Eclipse GT wheels, radiator flush, 180* thermostat installed, broken brake line fixed.
April 2008: New OEM harmonic balancer, new OEM oil pan, altenator and lower engine cleaned, starter checked.
May - July 2008: Clutch fork and TO bearing replaced, oil change
Aug 2008: Brake pads, emr brake cables, OEM starter, misc bulbs ($306.69 shipped), oil change, MPI relay (approx $60 shipped), new capacitors 3 of each ($11 shipped).
Sep 2008: Powder coated valve cover ($150 shipped), 3" ss vibrant resonator
Nov 08 - Dec 09: I removed the insurance and registration and the car was in my garage during this time.
May 2009: Used MHI 16g. Turbo install parts: coolant lines, gaskets, hardware, oil cap, OEM clutch slave cylinder, from JNZ ($221.83) oil change
Jun 09 to Present: Trunk interior, used stereo, aero afpr, revised OEM black top ISC motor, palm IIIc and accessories, replaced caps, 14 new clampco t bolt clamps, carbon fiber face autometer boost gauge, RC Fuel Injection A/F gauge, J pipe, great condition white hood and rear bumper with almost zero rust support. New DieHard battery, NY inspection good to 12/2010, 2g MAS and intake.

Will also include a set of wheels (only one has a tire mounted) and a ratty CF hood that was on the car when I bought it. I might have the lugs still, but I might not. The trunk badges, a 5gal bucket of misc clamps, couplers, pipes, and a homemade boost leak tester I made with a autometer gauge are also included. If the buyer is interested in the items listed above that are no longer on the car, they are available to be negotiated into the price, otherwise I am going to try and sell them.

Galant01_10.jpg

Galant01_10frnt.jpg

FrontDrv.jpg

^Hood is popped open

DriversSide.jpg

Rear.jpg

PassSide.jpg

IntFrntDrv.jpg

IntFrntSeat.jpg

^ Not torn, just worn. Some dye would work nice I bet, just never got around to it.

Backseat.jpg

Trunk.jpg

^ I dont have the plastic pieces that hold the interior to the frame, Im sure Nate does if you want to replace them.

fuelpump014.jpg

PassFrontInt.jpg

PassFrontInt2.jpg

Headliner.jpg

Headliner2.jpg

DriverDoorRust.jpg

^ Drivers door

RustCloseup.jpg

^ Drivers door close up

RearDrvDoor.jpg

PassRearDoorRust.jpg

PassFrontDoor.jpg

Engine.jpg

Engine2.jpg

OilPan.jpg

DPArea.jpg

UnderRear.jpg

All photos above have been taken within the last 3 weeks besides the fuel pump sender pic which was back when I replaced it in May 07.

galantpics2006.jpg

^ This is a pic from the previous owner, shows the hood and wheels that come with the car.

The car is very clean, those pictures were taken without any prep work. The seats and dash havent been polished in about 1.5yrs and they still look great. I have a carfax that seems to confirm Im the 3rd owner, but regardless it has a clean history. Ive tried to do what I could to make the car a comfortable DD and Im really close, but just not there. It runs, but has some issues that I just dont have the time or money to troubleshoot and fix. Ive done what I can do by myself, and I cant afford to bring it anywhere. Its had the garage from when I bought it up until Dec 09, and its painful to look at it out on the street. Here are the issues Im having:

Very intermittent no start, I thought I fixed it after cleaning a few ground straps in 08 but it just started happening again. It will start after a few turns of the key. When it doesnt start all you hear is the starter spinning. Ive tried 2 starters and the one thats in there is a OEM replacement from JNZ.
Sounds great warming up but after its warm it sounds a little rough and is running rich. Will stall sometimes after its warm when slowing down in gear to a stop and the clutch is depressed.
Boost leak somewhere, I cant get it to hold more than 3psi on the tester and I cant hear or feel where its going.
Exhaust leak from a large hole in flex section
Just started leaking a little oil in the pump area, only leaks a little while running. Not enough to notice on the dipstick, but I havent driven the car more than in my neighborhood since Fall 08 and this just started happening.
Still no A/C
Pwr antenna binds on the way back in, will fully retract with a little help.
A/F and boost are in the center vent, and the actual vent that came with the car is crap but I still have it. I also have a dual gauge pillar mount not installed if you want to move the gauges back to the pillar.
Needs an alignment
No floormats
Rear drivers side speaker isnt working
Something plastic vibrates in the backseat at certain rpms

** Edit: No longer for sale.

Last edited by a moderator:

wish it was running correctly or i had the time for a project right now.... GL with the sale

Price drop to $2,800 obo.

This is a good deal, ultra clean car, great starting point for a DD or a project car. With my luck whoever buys this will find some stupid easy fix and I'll kick myself for selling so low.

Sale is pending, I will update when/if it's sold. Thanks for the space.

**Edit: They didn't show up this weekend so as of now the car is still for sale.**

Bump.

It's tax return time and the car is still available. I've priced it as low as I can, someone come and take advantage of this great deal.

Diego

Quoting Rjukan:
Price drop to $2,800 obo.

This is a good deal, ultra clean car, great starting point for a DD or a project car. With my luck whoever buys this will find some stupid easy fix and I'll kick myself for selling so low.

Sounds like when I sold my 90 GSX for a grand and new owner called and said "hey I found the problem, coil pack"
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

^^ Lol yeah, that's a kick in the nuts.

I'm working on a spot to store it for the forseeable future because it doesn't seem like it's going to sell. This way I can take a break from it, get it off the street so I'm not looking at it every day, and maybe I'll be motivated to start troubleshooting again after the summer. Thanks again for the space.

Edit: Well, I spent a few hours outside in the beautiful weather working on the car and Ive decided not to sell it after all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts