The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1992 Galant VR-4 205/1000, $3500 OBO Des Moines, Iowa

blacksheep

Quoting drew367:
Forgot to ask, CK, how's the suspension? Has anything been replaced, and w/what?
At 119, 000, I know I had to start planning full suspension rebuild w/bushing/KYB's/springs etc...

Are the KYB AGX's still the "best" way to keep teeth and kidneys in place? If not, suggestions?

The first post lists everything I replaced on the front suspension, so that gives you a good idea of what I did. But, the rest is all stock. There are no squeaks and such. The struts do not leak. Would they need replaced? I suppose in time. They have been on the car for 130K almost, so I mean they probably need replaced. If I had kept the ca, yeah I would go thru and replace them all. It would surely firm up the ride again and such! I can go thru the records tomorrow and figure out what has been replaced.

If you wanted to run factory springs and look for a replacement strut, I would use the KYB GR2's.

If you plan on using something like H&R springs, I would do the KYB AGX's. The AGX is regarded a mediocre performer.

The best strut/spring setup would be the Koni and H&R springs or Ground Control coilover springs. You would need Koni 1G AWD fronts and Koni 2G AWD rears. The fronts are inserts that will require you to gut the stock struts and put them in. That's what I was planning to do. I sold my new Koni's here when I decided I was selling the car.

That's my opinion. You could ask in the General Discussions forum and you may hear other opinions. I hope this helps!

blacksheep

Sorry, day has been very busy and I ma just getting to replying emails and doing my bills for next month. Still need to go work on laundry.

I did just email you back answering your questions.

Car is available. The kid who I showed the car to texted me saying his car would be sold on wednesday and depending on money, he will call me and most possibly buy the car.

blacksheep

Some updates and to answer questions from potential buyers:

Alignment - On Friday, August 23rd, I had the car aligned at Firestone. Caster and Toe was off. The car does drive better now and tires seem to grip more. Cost me $90. Proof will be provided with the car.

Clutch - Drew asked about the clutch. I think the car is on the stock clutch. Regarding its condition, from what I can tell it seems fine. It engages closer to the floor - the best way I can provide a visual explaination is that from the floor, before the pedal is at the height of (in line with) the dead pedal, it starts to engage. So, to me this is closer to the floor than up higher. I hope this helps.

E-brake cables - Drew asked about the e-brake. I took some pictures of it when fully locked to give him an idea and its on the 1st post along with the rest. If I was to comment on it, I would say I pull up and it locks just above mid-way. It holds just fine. I see no issues with it. When I did the brakes etc, it seemed to be OK, so I didn't replace the cables. I know it can be adjusted under the center console and it may need that to lock closer to the shifter.

Need any more information, please let me know! Thanks!

blacksheep

a3329063308_10.jpg

G

Staff member
Nice! Now time to find a rust free one and start over. Or are you done now?

blacksheep

I am done man. I took a bath this time...Its time I let go! I keep saying that and get sucked back in - I will take my chances with an Evo instead, if anything.

I am starting to really like my ST. I am becoming like you and worrying about exposing it to salt, G! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

rheckert

Quoting G:

Congrats!

Done, I've heard that before...
There is not such thing as retirement from being a gear head, GVR-4 to the core.

MellowVR4

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif^+1

blacksheep

Quoting Heckert:
Quoting G:

Congrats!

There is not such thing as retirement from being a gear head, GVR-4 to the core.

I know, I know - Maybe someday I will buy 1051 for 30k and then bash Wop for all his shoddy work on it... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

rheckert

Quoting blacksheep:
Quoting Heckert:
Quoting G:

Congrats!

I know, I know - Maybe someday I will buy 1051 for 30k and then bash Wop for all his shoddy work on it... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Nice.

G

Staff member
Haha, ef that ford. It's sacrificial to the salt gods. When you trade it in they won't care. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Actually while it's new you should spray everything down with fluid film before winter.

ktmrider

Quoting blacksheep:
I am done man. I took a bath this time...Its time I let go! I keep saying that and get sucked back in - I will take my chances with an Evo instead, if anything.

Hope it went to a good home.

On being "done" here is a sneak peak at my potential exit ( sorry to thread jack ):

Jesus_Negros

Congrats.
Did ford not coat your underside before you bought it? They did ours. Maybe because we are east coast? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned