The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1991 Galant VR4 - NorCal - $4,000

First, I want to make this very clear: THE MOTOR, TRANS AND TRANSFER CASE ARE OUT OF THE VEHICLE BUT ARE INCLUDED IN THE PURCHASE PRICE.

I bought the car from the 2nd owner (who only had it a few months, and put no miles on it) with a few issues. I got them all fixed, then took the car apart to begin modding the snot out of it. About that time I took a new job that has me traveling 20+ days/month and I just have no time/lost interest. The car is at about 107k miles and very clean for a '91, but it has it's share of door dings and such. The motor has 160+ psi compression in all 4 cylinders (very good for a 4G63t, remember these are low-compression boosted motors). The transmission and transfer case were just rebuilt and upgraded including installing a Cusco front LSD. The LSD alone was nearly $1,000 and the rebuilds were $2000.

Other than the beefed up trans/tcase and the LSD everything in the car is stock. The stock FMIC was broken and is not included, but the stock ones are complete junk so you'll want to upgrade that anyway.

I also have a lot of nice parts for the car that could be included at additional cost (including a custom, large FMIC setup which I'd highly-highly recommend to anybody intersted in the car).

Keep in mind just the transmission/tcase parts and LSD cost over $3k and this is a clean, unmolested, low mileage rare car.

Garrrrant1.jpg

Garrrrant2.jpg

Garrrrant4.jpg

Garrrrant5.jpg

backtogether.jpg

Stock front-mount broken:
blownoutic.jpg

Thanks for looking, feel free to PM me w/ any questions.

-TJ

Last edited by a moderator:

G

Staff member
looks like a clean shell, any current pics of the engine bay?

Hey... Im very interested in it.. But I have to sell my car before I can buy your.

I'm actually going to be home this weekend, so I'll take some engine bay pics.

-TJ

Sorry, I didn't get a chance to take pics etc. I got sent to NC less than 12hrs after getting back to CA from DC. Hopefully this week.

-TJ

The car is currently getting put back together, price will adjust to reflect once completed.

for what it is worth I can heavily vouch for this guy. Known him for years, good person to deal with.

Just don't buy his ZO6, I'm not to sure about that thing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks Ross.

Sorry I haven't been on the board in ages... work is crazy busy.

The car is finally getting put back together soon.

-TJ

Now accepting stupid-low offers for a very clean original GVR4 w/ a nicely rebuilt trans/tcase (+ front LSD) with motor/trans/tcase out of car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

-TJ

I really dont need a fourth lol but I always keep clicking on this thread.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gifn

The car has seen zero progress, I've had no time for it and apparently neither has my mechanic. It is a nice, clean car that I'd like to see go to somebody who will enjoy it. PM me a phone # and we can talk, I'm ready to make a deal...

Last edited by a moderator:

I guess times really are tough! Nobody wants a winter project? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

-TJ

xkoolaidx

i am interested in the car but only one problem i live in CO

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts