The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Front fender removal

CP

I've got a new hood release cable and it appears that I need to remove the fender to run it through a hole in the firewall into the cabin. Does anyone have a diagram that shows where every bolt is that holds the left front fender on the car?

SleepinGVR4

Which ones are you having a hard time finding? Don't forget there is one that you have to get with the driver door being open. And there are some behind the sidemarker light. You might have to take the front bumper off too. I just took both of mine off to do some preventive maintenance.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Hmmm, I replaced the cable on 115 but I don't recall removing the fender. I think I did remove the fender liner (splash shield) and was able to access it that way. Don't think the bumper came off either.

CP

Ding = winnar! Fender liner removal...now why didn't I think of that?

Ya, you just remove the fender liner and there is a nylon peice that clips into the firewall that the loom and the cable go through in addition to a rubber gasket.

The real PITA is trying to dig around behind the fuse boxes and then pulling the cable through the nipple on the gasket. You will rip the nipple off if you are not carefull

Also, IRC, the cable is taped onto the loom.

CP

I've also got all sorts of extra wiring up in that corner under the dash for a radar detector, WBO2, and some other things so it'll be fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

CP

Well that was a royal PITA. Getting the firewall was easy, but finding the end inside the cabin and pulling it down took a good half hour. Thanks for the help guys.

misterfixit

make sure brefore you push the rubber grommet back into the firewall all the tabs are intact.. it latches back on and seals . if its not done right you'll get leaks ointo the footwell.

The plastic bit comes into towo halves, so you can easily get a donor one on.

rich

CP

I just poked a new hole in the grommet; didn't remove it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned