The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Front fan is keep burning fuses!

Nabeel

Any one experience such problem? How to solve it?
The main low fan relay burned once & replaced & still main fan not running at low speed. The front fan fuse being burned 3 times. both fans looks working. And any suggestion for better cooling

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif Your fuses shouldn't melt like that.....ever. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

What fan are you running? What Amp fuse have you been running? Either way, when you blow fuses, they should blow (melt the thin metal section in the middle and thats it. The fact that its melting the plastic means you've got bigger issue's (looks like a short across the bottom of the fuse block I'd guess).

Nabeel

I am using the stock fan & the fuse I used 25A & 30A. I will open the fuse box and see under the fuse box. Or may be doing new wires to the fan. Does bad fans do such thing or it should be only bad wiring?

Wizardawd

I'm betting the fan was starting to die, and instead of replacing the fan, someone kept putting in bigger fuses hoping it would stop blowing.

Wiz

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned