The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FP 68HTA

donniekak

Get that thing to flow more than 42 lbs/min with the small td05h turbine, then write a review. Saying anything about a turbo at 6 psi says nothing.

Quoting loser3000:
I took off the bcs, and ran the hose from the compressor elbow directly to the wastegate.

Removing the BCS drops your boost to whatever the wastegate spring is set to. You probably have LESS than stock boost. The BCS bleeds off some of the boost, allowing you to run more boost before the wastegate opens.

loser3000

Correct, it would run less boost and by running it directly running it directly to the wastegate actuator it may start opening up and hurt spool. The damn thing didn't even care. Once the weather clears up alittle more I'm going to see how far I can push it the way it is.

Ralli380Gvr4

Any word? curious to see if anyone has pushed this one yet?

Polish

That price is MUCH more reasonable.

FP is having a sale on these things for $719 shipped for the holidays if someone is thinking about getting one of these now would be a good time.

belize1334

Quoting loser3000:
I got the turbo on and I love it! With my gsx being an auto with a 14b it was always alittle sluggish off the line and through the intercetion, but not anymore. The spool and power it makes down low is awesome! Right now, I left it all stock including the stock maf, sidemount, took off the bcs, and ran the hose from the compressor elbow directly to the wastegate. Its not even boost creeping at stock boost and the butt dyno totally approves of the difference. Maybe by next week I'll convert it to speed density, put the meth and bigger injectors in and see what this turbo really does. I already think this was worth the price with it now not being a total dog off the line.

Exhaust is the biggest factor in whether or not a given turbo creeps. My s16g was rock solid at 10psi w/ stock dp and cat. Final switched to a mandrel 2.5" dp w/o cat and I creep to 19psi. What kind of exhaust / o2 housing are you running?

Last edited:

Ralli380Gvr4

English is putting down 10.5 @ 130mph /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

Youtube posted FP's website

Granted on a 2.3, E70, speed density link v3, tuning and an auto trans.
It is really pretty impressive for a street car.

Link to dsmtuners thread.

In his words..."Right now this has to be the most perfect DSM Ever."

4thStroke

The most perfect DSM as in DSM, low budget fashion. You should see the gauge pod in that car. It consists of duct tapped strapped over a boost gauge and wideband on the steering column. Its ridiculous.

Luke pulls off some pretty entertaining setups. Thats what I like about Luke, he knows what works, but isnt afraid to push the envelope and good around on his own vehicles.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned