The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Forum member in Super Street readers' rides

OoThomioO

haybunny.gif

Cool that it was put in, sucks they messed up everything about the car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

raptorWagon

Quoting GSX_TC:
I just hate how they called my motor a 46G3 and how they put Valencia California.. Idiots...

But I also did wonder why they didn't choose any of the new pics of it. Oh well, it's nice to see a GVR4 for a change instead of the usual civic or accord.

This is why Super Street is garbage, they butchered Jeff Bush's article about his Drag auto 1G DSM...Should have gone with Modified Mag instead. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

alansupra94

Quoting 123abc:
Even modified has its moments. Super street is terrible though.

Seriously /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

curtis

Quoting turbowop:
Quoting curtis:

damn the watermark.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mork.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

turbowop

The code for my smilie is "mork" with colons around it.

That sounded weird. Colons all around me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

And yeah, even Modified has its moments. My article was written a bit weird, and a couple pics were messed up, along with the photoshopped window tint on the rolling shot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif Turbo contacted me to do a spread, but it was too soon after the other one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif That would have been awesome. Now they're history. I should get a new one done since the car is somewhat changed now and new stuffs on the way.

LIV4PSI

Congrats Mike, even if the magazine editors need to be fired.

GSX_TC

Thanks, I hope I can be in modified someday. That would be a dream come true.

Okayplayer

So is anyone else sending pics out to mags? I would if my car didn't look beat up ( working that out). I know there are quite a few super clean examples in our showcase. More people should send in pics so our cars will get the respect they deserve.

123abc

Isn't that part of the appeal of these cars in the first place? Being discrete and not in the magazines?

turbowop

At this point, I don't care about being discrete. I do like having something different than the norm though. Going to multi forum meets or carshows with something other than a cookie cutter Evo/STi/Honda/240sx/BMW is fun. Getting magazine recognition makes that even better and puts the car more on the map, helping to create interest and possibly drive up resale. IMO

RedTwo

I thought you needed vinyl tacked onto your car to get it in a magazine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Okayplayer

Quoting 123abc:
Isn't that part of the appeal of these cars in the first place? Being discrete and not in the magazines?

Discretion is nice But these cars are rare and getting rarer. The mass population won't know what our cars are but at least those into imports will know. Who knows, maybe our cars will get the noeriety among Mitsu/ DSM crowd as skylines get in the Nissan (and everyone else) crowd. I know it's a bit of a stretch, but a rare car like ours deserves to be at a status like that.

IncorpoRatedX

For a while people knew about them, but the newer kids don't seem to know as much.

For instance:

local cruise spot, mostly over run with LS1 cars, some fox bodies and some hondas and DSM's

I was in my silver galant and pull in to talk to an older guy i know that happens to have his car out. My silver car is pretty clean and is rocking evo wheels so it got attention right away, I park and step out, someone says 'cool car man, is it fast?'
I said 'no' i always say no.
Started talking to the guy I know and these kids keep checking out my car, i hear "holy sh*t, there's a rear diff in this thing, this thing is RWD"
one of the DSM kids says 'if that has a rear diff, this car is turbo, this is a turbo galant, a vr4...'
one of the other kids says 'so like a 3000 gt? twin turbo? really??'

they approached me and asked about 60 questions, I popped the hood and let them poke around, they asked if i was local...
funny thing is; 5 years ago if i pulled up to that spot, everyone in the lot would know what a VR4 was and wouldnt want to race. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

fuel

In Australia they are usually confused with the early 90s Magnas (aka Diamante) because they look quite similar. Sadly Magnas don't have a good reputation. Helps with the sleeper aspect though.

raptorWagon

Quoting Alpha Male:
For a while people knew about them, but the newer kids don't seem to know as much.

For instance:

local cruise spot, mostly over run with LS1 cars, some fox bodies and some hondas and DSM's

I was in my silver galant and pull in to talk to an older guy i know that happens to have his car out. My silver car is pretty clean and is rocking evo wheels so it got attention right away, I park and step out, someone says 'cool car man, is it fast?'
I said 'no' i always say no.
Started talking to the guy I know and these kids keep checking out my car, i hear "holy sh*t, there's a rear diff in this thing, this thing is RWD"
one of the DSM kids says 'if that has a rear diff, this car is turbo, this is a turbo galant, a vr4...'
one of the other kids says 'so like a 3000 gt? twin turbo? really??'

they approached me and asked about 60 questions, I popped the hood and let them poke around, they asked if i was local...
funny thing is; 5 years ago if i pulled up to that spot, everyone in the lot would know what a VR4 was and wouldnt want to race. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

That is when you simply say "J5 Classified bro". I had a guy actually try to tell me the 3KGT VR4s came before the Galant VR4s /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned