The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Flex Pipe? OEM?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
In this application I am using a stock VR4/1g O2 housing.

I tried the crow foot tool, but it would come off when the nut began to contact the weld and the required torque to turn it increased. I will make mods later.

AnotherNewb

Quoting SouthCaliVR4:
If you hit it with a dremel & open it up the 1g will flow quite well, I may not be recalling this correctly but I think you can open up the 1g more than the 2g.

I don't think I'll be grinding on the o2 housing with a dremel. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Maybe a die grinder with a carbide burr bit.

But was there enough of the o2 housing flange to get a good leak free clamp on the DP? I know a tsudo (there matt) 2.5" inlet DP on a stock 2g o2 housing didn't have enough flange to get a good clamp on the gasket, and thereby necessitated an after market tubular housing

citymunky

Quoting AnotherNewb:
What o2 housing is being used? Stock 1g, 2g, tubular? Was the flange of the stock outlet, if used, large enouge to get a good seal on the inlet of the down pipe?

Here is a question thats kinda out there and off topic, just a little. I know that the 2g exhaust manifold is better than a 1g, but does the same hold true on the o2 housings? I just ask because I have a couple of 1gs, 2g, and the one off of the vr4 not sure if its different than a 1g, never looked. I ask because the o2 sensor is in a different position on the 2g housing and is kinda close to the PS pump. If it didn't matter, I would put the VR4 one back on.

My car came with a Victory Performance stainless steel tubular 2.5in o2 housing, and it's only housing I know.

KiNgMaRtY

How about a picture of the downpipe. Looks like you took a picture of the belts section /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

citymunky

^It seems like when they fixed the site speed, they mix-match the pic's

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Some pictures were being overwritten, so now the code refers to an incorrect photo.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned