The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FACTORY MOD '12-Date changed 9/22/12

GSX_TC

Wow this is 17+ hours away from me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif where do I go to register for this MOD? And is there a farthest traveled distance award like the TX mod?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
No need to register. Just show up.

There are a few awards given at the show, don't recall if that is one of them.

GSX_TC

Who could I call and ask to see if there's such an award?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
So...you are interested if there is a cheap 5 $ trophy at stake?

DDM

Wait. isnt it the 15th though?

edit: Nevermind. I see its the 22nd. I will still be there though.

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Quoting iceman69510:
So...you are interested if there is a cheap 5 $ trophy at stake?

No it's not that, it's just that it would be nice if me driving nearly a whole day would be recognized. For instance, Cali MOD and Tx MOD have stuff like farthest traveled, best in class, best in show etc etc

turbowop

Who gives a sh*t? Just go to meet others and have fun with guys that share an interest in similar cars.

I'm sure even if you don't get a trophy for recognition, you'll be sure to let everybody know for the next year that "you're the guy that drove eleventeen hours/miles to the meet, btw, here's a pic of my car in case you haven't seen it". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Lol you sure do got me down dont you. dont forget all the man, man, man,.. man in there as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

vtecds1

I'm in...just finished the car and test drove it last night.

OldHairyBastard

What did you have to do to it? Do you want to come up by me and tune it? Or we could do it down by you but in the industrial area to keep away from the po po's.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Event is from 9 am - 1pm this year, so there is time for some get together or something following if everybody does not feel the need to depart so quickly. I can again offer my house up for a possible location, or if we want to eat something (though we might want to wait until later in the pm).

Doug are you coming?

Terry Posten

Doug better come.

Count me in for whatever Dave. I'm open for an all day event.

OldHairyBastard

I will if I can. I have to double check on the day of the Snow Show in WI. I need to get rid of a lot of snowmobile stuff that has my garage and atic full. I'll double check and let you know. I'd like to see everyone and make racing sounds behind the wheel of one of the cars in Daves garage again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Quoting iceman69510:
Event is from 9 am - 1pm this year, so there is time for some get together or something following if everybody does not feel the need to depart so quickly. I can again offer my house up for a possible location, or if we want to eat something (though we might want to wait until later in the pm).

Doug are you coming?

Quoting Terry Posten:
Doug better come.

jcgalntvr4-244

he wont come... he never does.....

DDM

Kenny let me know when you want to leave. we can ride out together. My car is going on the dyno the upcoming Wednesday and if it doesn't explode im deffinely going.

OldHairyBastard

I miss one year and you won't stop crying about it! It looks like the snow show is later this year in October so you guys will be seeing me there. It will have to be in a Toyota but I will be there.

Quoting jcgalntvr4-244:
he wont come... he never does.....

jcgalntvr4-244

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

vtecds1

Quoting DDM:
Kenny let me know when you want to leave. we can ride out together. My car is going on the dyno the upcoming Wednesday and if it doesn't explode im deffinely going.

Hopefully really early since it's a hike. Im on asian time as many people already know...so if I say 6, more than likely it will be 7.

Doug- Changed the manifold, which was a 2 month process. Alot of things had to be moved around or modified. Took my sweet time, like always...and messing up my back did not help out at all. I'll find my old thread about asking about the mani and will post some pics up including my wifes niece helping out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif I had the car tuned last year but I'll log a couple of runs to see where the car is at. I'll call you this weekend so we can catch up.

OldHairyBastard

Quoting mikus:
1 - Terry Posten - Davenport, IA
2 - Jermey Clark - Des Moines, IA
3 - Luke Hultquist - Bettendorf, IA
4 - Courtney Heath - Effingham, IL
5 - Joshua Melocik - Cameron, NC
6 - Mike Mueller - Aurora IL
7 - Ryan Hertz-Chicagoland
8 - Douglas Lila-Lindenhurst, IL...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned