The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Electrical issue

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
To solve the window issue, you should get to the basics with your voltmeter and check for voltage and grounds on the proper wires at the proper key positions for the switch connector in the door.

14u2nV

I don't know which wire is what though. I know the switch only gets juice when the key is in the "start" position. Where does the power come from for the switch?

trunks

I had the wiper park issue and it was the relay located on the firewall right next to the wiper motor, behind the cruise control box. I found a used one on ebay and it fixed it - didn't have the washer spray issue though.

14u2nV

kick a$$ dude, that relay fixed the wipers and the squirters. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting 14u2nV:
I don't know which wire is what though. I know the switch only gets juice when the key is in the "start" position. Where does the power come from for the switch?

Get a manual Kenny. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

14u2nV

swapping the whole column did not change anything. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

SouthCaliVR4

So you're down to just the windows not working or is the instrument panel still down as well?

I have the diagrams open & am looking for likely suspects.

14u2nV

Still no windows, gauges or horn.

*Horn is now working, I'm just going through and swapping every relay I can find.

Last edited:

SouthCaliVR4

check to have power in where you should and power out where you should. I'm just not seeing any one thing that could be the source of the issue given what does & does not seem to be working. double check your underdash grounds. check wiring for shorts to ground & from circuit to circuit.

14u2nV

Is there any reason the windows and gauges would be related? I can't imagine why, but I don't know. I'm gonna swap another cluster in and see if that helps the gauges.

14u2nV

South, I love you (noHomo). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif tested the fuse, had juice but noticed it clicked when I touched it. Checked it out and it wiggles like a loose tooth and loses connection. holding it, the windows work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Also my factory boost gauge lit up,, I didn't think it was even working lol.

Last edited:

SouthCaliVR4

Awesome!!! good to hear it ended up being an easy fix /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned