The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ECU port expander project

swe_gvr4_1991

Hi all!

I wanted to share my latest project.
It's a port expander that takes up to 8 different 0-5 volts sensors and is logged thru one single ECU input pin.

So instead of just logging O2 you can log O2, oil pressure, fuel pressure, MAP, custom gear indicator, custom wastegate actuator switch, extra IAT, extra CLT, etc.
The possibilities are endless!

If using slow sensors a total of 18 sensors on one ECU input can be logged.

Well enough said, here's my video demo of the 3-in-1 port expander:
3-in-1 Port expander

Also check out my YouTube channel to find more insane stuff i do with my GVR4 ECU.

PEACE!

Last edited:

tektic

Looks very promising. Your the man KaxLon!

Any chance you can make this thing also outputs signals to 7-segment displays?
delorean_24_782.jpg

But seriously though. I'd love to have all my info in digital.

Last edited:

swe_gvr4_1991

Thanks tektic!

Well if you want the data to be displayed in TunerPro in digital format it's just a matter of setting up a dashboard with digital gauges. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

And if you want the hardware displays you just T-wire into the signal wire coming from the sensor.

tektic

I'd like to ouput things like maf Hz on cheep readily available 7 segment display boards like this one
web page

I don't know how it would be possible to translate raw data into something that I could read, but I figured you might know.

I'm assuming this is what your doing for your wide band but your output is programmed with the innovative Software?

Oh by the way is there a write up on this @ dsmecu?

Last edited:

swe_gvr4_1991

The custom LCD and LED displays project is going to be started on soon. I probably will be using 20x4 LCD for starters and pushbuttons to switch between logger screens.
The 'back to the future' LED panel is awesome too for a retro build but it will light up as a christmas tree in the dark. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
There are 7 segment I2C LED panels on Ebay that only uses like 4 pins in total and can be daisy chained. This is the way to go for LED panels.

I am not using a Innovative WBo2, i have a JAW WBo2. But yes it's essentially the same, O2 is a 0-5 volts signal fed to the O2 pin on the ECU.
Keep in mind that the input pin is no longer dedicated to just one type of sensor. You can run a combined array of WBo2, oil pressure, and fuel pressure or whatever on that input now. Up to 8 sensors in total on one input pin.
The input pin is just a container.
The whole procedure is reversible and does not require any ECU modding. Just unplug the wires, done.

There is no write-up on this yet on dsmecu, but there will be soon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned