The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

E85 and Nitrous

prove_it

Looking for some input on using a 100 shot on top of using E85. If using a wet shot, then how would you calculate the jet sizing? Would it really work out to 30% over a fuel jet? Got a good deal on a bottle and I'd really like to see what the S16G can do with a 100shot in the high end. Been slowly searching the net, but not finding a lot of 4G63 related topics. Also kinda wondering what the intake temps would do(obviously low, but how low).

Engine can take it by the way. Not worried there.

ktmrider

^^ Pretty much what the EJ-T Scoobie crowd does ( 30% up on fuel jet ). Some go 40% to keep from pulling timing out but it sure does make the exhaust glow ( also saw an increase of burnt EX valves but I can't say what kind of timing advance was being used ).

prove_it

I'm running it at about 20*peak now, it seems to be running the best there. I do think once I degree the Kelfords I could go to 22*, but not during a spray.

Another topic I'd like to discuss is dry versus wet. I leaning towards a wet shot to keep it simple. What would it take to set up link to fire a dry shot and compensate for fuel?

ghostinthevr4

I'm no expert on NOS nor have I ever used it but a friend of mine says he does the wet on a trial basis. Meaning he'll start with a certain size jet do a pull to see if it's to he's liking if not he'll switch it out for a different size. This is on a wet shot, for a dry shot you should PM Nate Crisman I think he uses a dry shot.

Last edited:

diambo4life

They just use the AUX MAPS feature to trigger the secondary map for a dry shot. I have entertained the thought of using nitrous just at the track. Damn you boost recovery. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

curtis

Man intake temps are called frostbite. High pressure going to low pressure, happens everytime. Now as for jetting 30% with corn is probably close but when it doubt call up some nitrous kit manufacturers..... they know. Make sure ignition is all good to go with fresh plugs.
Tips
have a secret power switch, nothing worst than some asshat turning on the system and you don't know. driver side under the dash is a good place so your buddies don't reach over and arm it when your street racing
use a purge system, reving into a engine with no load is bad, stuff puddles and goes boom.
bottle heater and gauge is a must, propane torches are dangerous but been there done that
1st pass your at 1000psi, next 900, next 800 etc, as the bottle empties pressure drops and low pressure spray causes bad things to happen.
find a female that works at a hospital or dental office......nothing better than free medical spray with no sulfur, not for consumption runs better.
always close the bottle, solenoids can leak
wet kits I always liked to do direct port and then a extra small dry shot on its own solenoid just before the the throttle blade.
Ebay is your friend, someone always selling parts and pieces for cheap.

Do alot of research, my buddy found a website from the UK and they jet at the solenoid, make there own nozzles and used meth kit line instead of steel braided stuff. heres a video of what he put on his buell.....nozzle is from a damn fire extinguisher, jetted at the solenoid and bottle is a paintball gun canister from walmart. We plumbed it with a t fitting and a ball valve so he can fill it after every pass with a big bottle. click me

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts