The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Drag suspension

dsmtalontsi95

I know it's not a vr4 but I'm looking for advise on what to do for my 2g. It's an awd that went 11.8 last year and I'm looking for 10's this year. I'm not sure if I should go with k-sport coilovers or takico illuminas with eibach springs. I don't drive this on the street that much at all, mainly the track. What is your advice. The budget is $900 max. But I don't want to waste money if I don't need to.

Whoodoo

Good luck getting a decent suspension for $900. Unless you buy used, you won't be getting anything really great. Suspension is one of those things where if you don't buy the good stuff you'll really regret it.

Barnes

Do you already have poly urethane bushings?

1qkfwd

On my 1g drag car I run ground control coilovers and kyb adjustables. I haven't had any issues cuttin high 1.5 60s. I've heard the konis are a beter strut for the 2gs. Maybe something worth looking into.

Galantvr41062

K sport coil overs can be bought for less then $1000. For the price you get a lot of adjustment, I think for a street car/drag race car they work well for the price.

~John

Last edited:

Rausch

Spring rates, shock valving, ride height- Like any other suspension setup, these are all going to be key. I think if you can pin down exactly what would work best for your car (Weight, shift/transfer, height, etc.) and buy the closest to those ideals within your budget, you'll be starting in a good place. It'd take some research, but there is a LOT to be gained at the track with a proper suspension setup.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned