The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Different versions of tail lights that fit our cars.

prove_it

^I too hate the color of the lines. I painted over the clear sections on my 92's and left a "window" for the reverse lights. I haven't put the center pieces back on because of those stupid gray painted lines. I even bought the last VR-4 piece left. I'm trying to figure out a way to remove the gray painted parts and repaint black, but since it's on the inside you have to be careful not to damage the plastic. Someday....

GSX_TC

Obviously the car itself is not EDM haha I was referring to the outer sections of the light that do not have amber anymore.

slugsgomoo

Quoting mitsuturbo:
You sure about that? I don't see ANY amber on the R or L tail lights.

they may not be typical US tails (sans amber) but IIRC you can't sell a car in europe with red turn indicators, which is why EDM DSM tails have amber in them... The real question is where are the outer lenses from, but the center is definitely not EDM.

GSX_TC

Either way I would love a set of them, that's for sure.

dsmless

For me its the eterna tailights that are the best looking ones. Wish I could find a pic to post

jnava

Staff member
These are the two I just bought....It looks like I'm probably getting the zr4 items and the gti trunk too with tails and garnish...

Last edited:

turbowop

Quoting dsmless:
For me its the eterna tailights that are the best looking ones. Wish I could find a pic to post

The thread title states taillights that FIT our cars. Eterna tails will not.

dsmless

Was under the impression that maybe they would have fit, this is just looking at pictures as they do share similar sizes. Wish we had some here so we could test fit

prove_it

The trunk section is way way way different.

EgonOlsen

They dont fit, but I have a set you can buy if you wanna try. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif they are amber though, not white(the middle part) and say Galant, not Eterna.

misterfixit

Quoting WesternMD_VR4:
I'm using 92 non vr4 tails which are actually painted green which I like.

Sorry turbo negro but it actually doesn't get any worse than this. My first car was a 528e BMW and they were horrible

Should look like this!

I agree, those ones on that e28 are sucky

Rich

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned