The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Defi Link Installation

VR_IV_MR

The DC Source wire coming out of Control Unit V2 has four wires and this is what it says in the manual:

RED : BATTERY (to 12V battery wire)
ORANGE : IGN (to 12V wire when ignition on)
WHITE : Illumination (to 12V wire when small lamp is on)
BLACK : GND (to ground, Negative battery terminal)

Here is the Link to the ECU PINOUT if anyone could tell me which wires I need to tap into.

click

Also, anyone that has used defi link before, would you be able to tell me whether the green wire or the blue wire given is used for the "TACHO" and also where would the remaining green/blue wire be used? (by the way, the green wire just ends as a wire whereas the blue wire has a funky thing attached to it.)

thanks everyone

slobra

I hooked my defi-link up to the wires behind the clock on the dash. If you look on the back of the clock it tells you which wire is 12v, ground, ect. I have my control unit in the pocket of my 89 dash and just took out the gauge cluster bezel and ran the wires up to where the clock is and soldered.

VR_IV_MR

ok well my clock wires aren't labeled as you say they are but from my understanding it should go like this:

defi link : dash board

red : battery 12v : red w/ black stripe
orange : ignition : blue
white : illumination : green w/ white stripe
black : gND : ground

correct?

slobra

The back of the clock where the connector plugs into looks like this. The "1's" are the pins inside the back of the clock where the plug will plug into. So Acc is ignition, clock is 12v battery, earth is ground and Illumi is well, Illumination. I just soldered into these wires and it works fine. I would take a picture but its all white so nothing shows up.

__
Earth[11]Clock +
........[_1]Illumi +
........[_1]Acc +

Last edited:

spooling92vr4

i can give you a hand with it if your not confident to f*** with it. unfortunately i work alot and i wont be off until monday and tuesday next week

VR_IV_MR

ok im sorry im kind of a newb i just have to double check before i go ahead with the install...

i can solder the ground wire into the earth wire behind the clock? i dont have to ground it to a nut or bolt on the chassis? which is more ideal?

slobra

You could do either but I'd probably just ground chassis if its easier.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned