The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

damn safc2 in my galant causing spark knocking ?

i can help with laptop i am a god on the computer need help again maybe we can work something out i need this car running

What is the differance from the standard turbo fuel regulator and the aws version besides the price?

Nartanian

Spark Knock claims to be god at computers.

boostedinaz

Quoting drdamm21:
What is the differance from the standard turbo fuel regulator and the aws version besides the price?

All Wheel Steering and the fuel pressure regulator have nothing to do with each other. Some people will run the NT or the 2G regulator instead of the stock 1G piece for better fuel control with larger pumps.

For a car that is going to be stock I would suggest a stock regulator and maybe a used EVO VIII pump or a Walbro 190. IN a stock car those will be more than enough.

Last edited:

SouthCaliVR4

Quoting drdamm21:

HUh? what do you mean standard vs aws?

Update it was the regulator so it is great only to about 9psi then it starts to shutter a bit can't get over 9psi but it still has this boost controller hbc. And some of the vacume lines don't look right and one on the air cleaner can is missing ??? So looks like a leek someware as well this should be a fun weekend

boostedinaz

Assuming it's the way I left it the solenoid on the air canister in the BCS and doesn't need to be hooked up. The Halman is T'd off the discharge pipe and the wastegate.

If you bring it by Sunday I would be more than happy to look at it.

Ya maybe I can stop by do you work tomorow ill be on that side of town after work around 5pm?

stevep

Quoting Hertz:
BTW, SAFC should be set to 2 cylinder for wasted spark system like ours.

Only if you follow the incorrect wiring information found in Apexi's manuals. If you connect the green RPM wire correctly to Ignition Pulse Detect pin 109 or the CAS pin 21 you can set it to 4 cylinder.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned