The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Custom 75mm Throttle Body

CarRacer

One more thought, what are you using for a gasket? I'm sure people who would use this are going to have aftermarket manifolds, but the flange surface could still get damaged causing a bad seal.

I think NAPA sells flat sheets of gasket material, so it's possible to just trace and cut one out.

GIjoe

wow, nice!

Quoting CarRacer:
One more thought, what are you using for a gasket? I'm sure people who would use this are going to have aftermarket manifolds, but the flange surface could still get damaged causing a bad seal.

I think NAPA sells flat sheets of gasket material, so it's possible to just trace and cut one out.

Yep, some cut out pepboys gasket /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. As long as it holds boost that is all I care about.

jepherz

Staff member
Looks good, man.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the top/bottom edges on the stock TB plate are angle cut because the plate is never straight up and down when fully closed. This would also mean it's not an exact circle.

Last edited:

you are correct. It is an oval with a degreed cut on the edge. It is a lot harder to make than it looks because the oval is very slight.

Beautiful work of art you have there.

Not sure if this is a concern but would it be neccessary to mushroom stamp the backside of the shaft bolts to keep them from coming loose and backing out. I think this just happened recently to Terry.

Terry Posten

ALL TB bolts should be checked and at least red loctited in.

They should be checked on a semi-annual basis.

Quoting Mike_1101:
Beautiful work of art you have there.

Not sure if this is a concern but would it be neccessary to mushroom stamp the backside of the shaft bolts to keep them from coming loose and backing out. I think this just happened recently to Terry.

Yep, currently they are just red loctited in, after the final rev they will get the red locktite and the stamping, because this did just happen to someone.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned